FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!! Give Elder a Call..

by coult9056 21 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

Does this brother live in a van down by the river??

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can see how trying to get someone DF could be viewed as a bit SICK 'cas I've been through it,
    but when it's an elder and he's "taking the piss" it's a different story.
    for those of us that have been DF on half truths and grey areas or while under stress, it stinks.

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Coult,

I'm originally from Indpls. In '77, moved to Kokomo for a year (ugh) with lousy husband and cute 3 kid. In '78, moved to Mulberry (in the country), then in '80, back to Kokomo (ugh).

I remember some good brothers in Lafayette, an elder Brown? His son Steve would have been about 20 in '78. Very mild family - except for mother, who cut hair and practiced iridology (looking into people's eyes for diseases). She was a bit strange.

Some good German descent families up there. I remember an elder Mathew Griener - thought he was going to be the next Circuit Overseer. Perhaps it happened that way? He was spiritually conceited enough for it.

Another brother was of the Anointed - and quite handsome. His wife kept after him like a hawk. No sister talked to him without her being there within *seconds*.

My favorite was Doyle Coonrod in Frankfort, IN. He stepped down from being an elder about '93. He told me that he just got tired. The CO told him he'd be out of the Truth within a year. But he stayed.

He told me that he & some other elders were talking one time about being elders...."they told us it'd be just a couple of years of special work - till Armageddon. They never said it would be for decades. We're tired."

I think what he said has the ring of truth to it.

• coult9056
    coult9056

waiting.
    I know of an elder named Bob Brown. His wife used to cut hair, never remember her doing iridology. I was very close at one time to their sons, Mark, Jeff and Jim. Jim was the best man in my wedding.

The anointed brother must have been Ken Herron. He is a very nice, mild brother. Your description sounds like his wife, Pat. A little intense, you could say. Yeah, intense is a good word.

I met Matt Greiner a few times. He used to run a car detailing business. He moved to the Fowler Congregation several years ago, then moved to Florida, I believe.

Anyway, nice to virtually meet you. I guess you were gone by the time our local legend Jimmy "liitle drummer boy" Day came to town. You missed very little, but its my pleasure to post the information.

• Kent
    Kent

Kismet;

kent you are a cold hearted sick bastard sometimes.

How would you know? Contrary to your arrogant beliefs, you don't know me at all, and as such I don't give a flying fuck about your insane drivel and accusations against me.

You would actually do that? Intentionally try to get someone disfellowshipped. Completely screw up his life, the life of his family and friends?

Why don't you spend some days trying to figure that out, rocketscientist? You're the guy who claim to have all the answers always.

I surely hope this was just an idle threat made after one too many Guinness.

That was genious. What I'm saying is only crap, since I'm probably drunk? Tell you what, asshole - I was sober as a priest when I wrote that, and I'm sober now.

The problem you don't seem to understand is this, Kismet. When I'm drunk, I will get sober again when I wake up. You will be the same idiot after a good nights sleep.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• waiting
    waiting

Hey coult!

Man..........we're just kissin' cousins! (decades apart however)

Mark (not Steve) Brown was the name of the brother I knew. He went blind around the age of 20-22. Do you know if he ever regained any sight? Really nice young redhead.

Matt Griener and Mark used to work for a company called TrimLine - that's how I knew them. And that's how Matt got his own car detailing company, learned it from someone else. Matt was ok, just really *full* of his own self-supposed spirituality. At Mark's wedding reception, he was offended by the music that some local brothers played - too loud and hurt his ears. Ohhhhh, paaaleeese!

Of course, the music was *elder pre-approved*, but during intermissions, they played some jazz - and they were really good. Just to let you know, young one, I was cool enough back then to tell them so.

I liked Lafayette, nice city. Purdue helped set the pace of a college town. Ever hear what they called the old steamtower at Purdue?

waiting

• Kismet
    Kismet

Kent:

"sober as a priest"?????? ROFLMAO not even going to go there..

re: sober in the morning comment... you get that off a t-shirt??

You further blustered:

You're the guy who claim to have all the answers always.

I can't say I recall having ever made that claim. Would that make you a liar? Or just someone who doesn't mind stretching the truth to serve his own purposes?

So I presume from your indignation that you won't be turning him in to be disfellowshipped. You were just trying to scare and intimidate him a little. Yeah that is soo much better.

Bully \Bul"ly\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bullied; p. pr. & vb. n. Bullying.] To intimidate with threats and by an overbearing, swaggering demeanor; to act the part of a bully toward.

Syn: To bluster; swagger; hector; domineer.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Describes well the online Kent personna.

I've heard that in real life you aren't this way but I don't really care since all most here will ever see is how you behave online. Your real life traits mean dick all.

Kismet

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

HEY! Can we get this guy to do the drum-thing at the local kingdom halls? Looks like a lot of fun! ;-P

• coult9056
    coult9056

waiting
    I know (knew) Mark fairly well. He got married, moved to Plymouth. Moved back to Lafayette, got divorced, disfellowshipped, married and divorced again, then lost his job and went blind. But other than that he's doing fine.(a sad story indeed)
    I never understood the Matt Greiner fascination some people had when we first moved here, but I honest didn't know him very well. I know a boatload of brothers who worked in trimline. statewide, so many did.
    I would love to help get you caught up on what's shakin in Lafayette, so give me your email, and I'll try to fill you in. I just started Purdue full-time on Monday, (ten years later than most, but better late than never, and not even one RHYTHMISM! lesson), but no, I don't know what the steam tower is called.
    coult

• coult9056
    coult9056

I should say that I like facts.... plain, simple, cold, hard facts. (Probably the reason I no longer associate with WTBS.) I had one fact wrong about Br. Day. He does play in a local band, but no member of that band is DF'd...... but he's still a jerk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit