Sent my letter in yesterday

by HockeyMullet 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

HockeyMullet Congratulations!!!!, I think that eventually our day will come too, but first we want to enlighten as many as we can!!!

IC

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome to the board, congrats on doing the right thing!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Welcome to the board! Congratulations.

Oh...and I love the HockeyMullet name. Let's talk hockey sometime.

Lisa

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to the board HockeyMullet (please tell me you don't have a mullet haircut!!!??? lol)

BB

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Yes, we're proud of you, HockeyMullet. Welcome to your own coming out party.

And to ICBehindTheCurtain -- you said: "... I think that eventually our day will come too, but first we want to enlighten as many as we can!!!"

How profound! I'd never quite thought of it in that light. Those who wish to fade and stay in and enlighten have a truly great role as well. The WT powers can warn against the overt opposers, we apostates. However, those who are working from the inside have to be, for them, much more difficult to deal with.

I've expressed it here before that I wish I'd done the fading thing instead. That was 28 years ago and there's no going back. Not only would it have eased my transition out but, who knows, perhaps I could have "enlightened" some loved ones with gentle and prolonged prods and suggestions and thoughts and questions.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum HM, don't worry aboout the elders and what they will think about your departure from the JWs, each one has the right to choose what they want to believe and the elders will simply not answer to the questions that the R&F have.

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

No mullet here.

As far as the elders are concerned, I'm not worried at all. I actually welcome a verbal confrontation, but since I explained in my disassoc. letter that I do not want any contact from them, I don't forsee any visits. Who knows though. Hope their feeling lucky.

Arrowstar, I love hockey, but never played competitely (unless you count the jw get togethers that always ended up with injuries). I'm more of a boxing/football person.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Arrowstar, I love hockey, but never played competitely (unless you count the jw get togethers that always ended up with injuries). I'm more of a boxing/football person.

HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!!! Whoops...got carried away for a moment.

We'll chat hockey sometime soon. GO STARS!!

Lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

G
    o

D
    U
    C
    K
    S

G
    o

I
    g
    u
    a
    n
    a
    s

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

ducks?

DUCKS?!?

Surely you've had a recent blow to the head or sumthin'...THE DUCKS!!!

Boy...I'm so gonna whoop your backside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit