Double life, anyone??

by dinah 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

While I didn't believe most of the stuff taught by the dubs, I honestly didn't find drugs or alcohol appealling so I didn't completely fit into any crowd. I didn't have the typical "double life" then, but rather, no life. I was and am a

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I was good on the outside. I went to some concerts and some parties. But mostly i was double on the inside. Thinking my evil thoughts but keeping them to myself while being a good little boy. I only started breaking out of my shell like 2 years ago.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Not so much the sex and drugs deal but I guess the Rock N Roll part applies. Double life, I swore and still swear enough to make sailors blush (literally last week); I was the king of lying back in the day. Seriously, I could have another witness in my class and still no one but them would know I was a witness and the witness kid would have no idea they didn't know. I also had an unbelieving father who was very opposed, so I used to lead the "I hate the witnesses and don't do anything they tell me" deal with him and the "I love the witnesses and will do anything they tell me" deal with my mom. It wasn't as much of an act for my Dad as it was for my mom.

I think if you're any bit social towards people you'll have to lead a double life. If you're more of an introvert and can spend time alone alot, you may not have lead a double life.

• montana96
    montana96

I led a double life right through my teenage years as did my husband, thats why I was attracted to him I knew he was a naughty boy!

I still to this day keep alot of things to myself, I dont discuss what I do with my Mum as she is still in truth and it seems to offend her when I do. So I will make sure my kids dont need to sneak around and hide things(although im sure they still will) but I also live with alot of guilt about those years and I dont want my kids to ever feel as we did growing up in the organization that destroys your childhhood and suppresses normal teenage emotions.

Mercedes x

• greendawn
    greendawn

Trying to abide by JW victorian standards while a teenager with ever present and powerful sexual urges is a difficult proposition, teenagers also need time to find themselves and their orientations in life before they decide on tough religious issues.

• FaithfulDoubter
    FaithfulDoubter

I'm probably alone in not living a double-life. Worst I did was have a few worldly friends, which my parents knew about. I aux-pioneered in summer and did all that jazz. Still, I was treated like crap by the congregation. For some reason I was labeled as a 'bad association'. Despite seeing other kids do far worse things than I ever did, and raised to have priveledges in the congregation. Maybe it's because I only got a few hours in service each month. I dunnos. So, I've lived a fairly boring 'good-JW' life. No good music. Never been kissed. Never done the naughty. Never been drunk. Never been to a concert. Never done a lot of stuff..... *sighs*

• delilah
    delilah
    Although I wasn't baptised until I was 16, I was doing the same as everyone else in my congregation ( teens, that is). They were all baptised, but we were doing the drugs and into the sex scene....the two biggest dope dealers in the school were elders sons...they did all the impromptu talks at the hall, they were on the stage at assemblies, they even pioneered. They were kids, trying to fit in at school, and at the kh. They were all DF'd a couple years later, and ratting each other out to the elders.....yeah, I didn't know one teenager, in my area, who wasn't living a double life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit