EXTREME ACTIONS BY ELDERS!

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

Other than minipulating the truth, spreading slander and stabbing people in the back, I can't thnik of a thing.

• Calliope
    Calliope

when my soon-to-be-ex da-ed himself, an elder told my friend not to see me, or be alone with me cause i could be considered in a "vulnerable state" and anything could happen.

unfortunately, he listened. and in addition to the slander that my other "so-called" friends started spreading, i had virtually lost all my wit-friends.

twas such a fun year. oh the memories.

• wanda
    wanda

In some congregations with elders shielding pedophiles among themselves etc there is electronic surveillance and the like; for example Ray Franz tells in writing of Bethelites in Greece's branch being caught and later convicted for being in a van secretly camcording exJWs attending a Last Supper memorial in violation of the European Union's law.

Mr. Ex-Elder, maybe your group didn't do what many of the others elder bodies do but I can assure you that where elders fear going to prison they do sometimes do such things. Maybe you yourself would not dream of wiretapping but it doesn't mean others don't, sir.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Wanda,

I'm sure some elders have done some of the things mentioned - but I still think, for the most part, that many of the actions mentioned are way off the wall and hardly common among the Witnesses. Most elders wouldn't have any idea how to wiretap someone's phone, and I find that kind of sensationalizing of rare events counterproductive in for anti-JWs.

From my experience none of this is "what many of the others elder bodies do." Slashing someone's tires or busting into someone's house are not common events in any congregation.

That having been said, I will tell you about the weirdest thing I heard of an elder doing. He visited someone's home and managed to slip a baby monitor (the kind that lets you listen to your baby from another room) into the family's cupboards.

It was discovered, and needless to say, this guy didn't remain an elder for long.

S4

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit