PLEASE TELL ME...

by MerryMagdalene 20 Replies latest social family

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    a quarter page ad in one of the New York newspapers

...*gulp*...You know, it would be kinda cool if we could do something like that every month, with a different person, a different story, a different plea...but probably pretty expensive, huh?

All I know is, with their arrogance, deceit, and lack of love, the WTS has created a world of hurt for others and can't forever remain untouched by it.

~Merry

• skyman
    skyman

Merry I am curious is your uncle's boys and his daughter not PF'd Also? I was talking to him this summer and I think he told me all of his kids were DF'd, is this true?. Because if it is you might be able to get a hold of them then express how they feel also.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Merry,

Beautiful letter. One would have to be inhuman not to feel your pain. Very moving, and it exposes them for who they are. I think it's a fabulous idea to put it in a newspaper.

Coffee

• skyman
    skyman

I started to think about it. Your uncle is dead I was thinking about.... I'll use his intials. Big B.o.b. His oldest boy went to BETHEL is he not related to you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, perfect. The only modifications I would make is to cc the local elders and make it an OPEN LETTER. We could start with a blog, then perhaps like you say, when we've collected a few, post a new ad every month in the New York Times.

I could set up a group blog today. Call it "Watchtower, I Want My Mother Back". Recruit DannyHazard to ADVERTIZE.

What do you say? If you're interested, PM me.

• skyman
    skyman

Merry for what it is worth I think your letter is quit good and I would love to see it printed in the papers I would help reimburse some of your expense.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Merry,

It is a beautiful letter. Unfortunately, one must have a heart to understand it, and they don't.

I lost my parents too... it hurts.

Jean

• Brigid
    Brigid

Merry,

Good luck. You mirror beautifully and concisely what so many of us have suffered. It helps just to get it out even though it will likely fall on deaf ears. I remember a sister who was really struggling with not having contact with her daughter who'd been disfellowshipped--she was a very faithful witness and her daughter had just moved out of the house then got DF'd. She wrote her mother absolutely heart breaking letters along the lines of yours but to her personally, begging for some human motherly contact: i.e.: "I miss so much having you in my life. I NEED someone to ask advice from", etc., etc.

The elders convinced her to "trust in Jehovah" have no contact with her beloved daughter until she'd learned repentance through this shunning process. It's a strong cult that can convince a mother with the God/dess given instinct to protect and love her children to literal death to go against that bond. It reminds me of how the Islamic cults can convince mothers to break that bond and sanction the killing of daughters who've been raped by their own brothers!

Sad...

Love and peace,

Brigid

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

I agree with jeannie here, I do hope you get a reply but if you do I can only see it misquoting scriptures to try and justify why they break up loving families.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Lovely to hear from you on this, Jean, Brigid, Mark. So many have been hurt by this Organization's policies and doctrines in so many different ways. My heart feels for them all.

For me the time has finally come when our reaching out to each other just isn't enough any more. Whoever does or does not hear me, I need to say this and I need to say it LOUD. Our silence is their best protection. I will no longer allow my timidity to act as a shield for their wrong-doing.

I want to thank all of you for speaking out and taking a stand in your own ways. I am very inspired by you.

Skyman, I'll PM you. Jgnat, I've already PMed you.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit