If you knew....

by BlackSwan of Memphis 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well the only two JWs in the family that I would even have a hint of worry about are my mother and my ex, the father of my 2 children.

My mother - would I change what I post? No. As long as I am telling the truth, she either deals with it or not.

As for the ex -- I have thought about this one. Not so much for myself but more for my daughters. Would I change what I post? I have always stuck to the truth. He knows what the truth is. He admitted the truth to the elders. Yea, he might be upset to read it on the interent. I have never posted his real name more to protect my daughters' privacy than his.

Sometimes I wonder how I would feel if he actually left the JWs and started posting here. It stills boils down to telling the truth about our lives together. He was abusive. He has apologized to the girls for abusing them. He knows what he did. And hey I had my own baggage from my childhood.

All in all, I would see no reason to sugar-coat what I have to say. If I begin to re-write history then I would be no different than the organization that I was a part of for so long.

• FairMind
    FairMind

The only change would be that I would not share personal, real life experiences. Other than that I would continue to have some fun and some serious comments.

• serendipity
    serendipity

If I knew that my family lurked, I'd post more of my experiences with my family. Your comments would help to show them how truly unloving they are.

• jojochan
    jojochan

At this point in my life right now... I don't care. It would at least get it out in the open and done with. I've been gearing up for that moment though, I'm that type of person that has always felt excluded I can entertain myself So it WOULD bother me, but if they love like they said they love me no matter what; then a ' posting I will go.If not then, oh well....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit