Why are we called JW's

by slpdajp 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I guessing that your native language is not English, right? Do not worry about it, we will figure out what you are trying to ask eventually. Just keep trying. I know it is frustrating.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• garybuss
    garybuss

Originally only the anointed were called Jehovah's witnesses. The other followers of the group were called "people of good will". Then the "x" group was called "other sheep" then after 1995 they are called "sheep-like". In these parts a "sheep-like" IS a sheep and a dog-like is a dog and a cow-like is actually a cow. Moooooooo

• slpdajp
    slpdajp

So was the disciple who wrote Acts (open to theological opinion Luke, Paul) a christian when he wrote this or a JW?

• kls
    kls

I know this is rare for me but i am like totally confused . So confused that i can't stop laughing,,,,Ha he ha he

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    So was the disciple who wrote Acts (open to theological opinion Luke, Paul) a christian when he wrote this or a JW?

Christian. They didn't even think about calling themselves JWs and there is no manuscript of the Greek texts that contained the Hebrew tetragrammaton. When they are recorded as teaching, they taught about Jesus. Even to the Gentiles, who would not have known about Jehovah.

JWs invented another sort of good news.

Galatians 1:6-9 — I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• garybuss
    garybuss

One of the interesting topics is the Christian nature of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Jehovah's Witnesses say the first Jehovah's witness was Abel. So, were Jehovah's Witnesses Christian before Jesus? If they were, how? If they were not, what changed?

• ferret
    ferret

Jesus Himself taught us to pray " OUR FATHER" where does Jehovah come into that,

• jgnat
    jgnat

Smartypants, you should know that those instructions to call Jehovah 'Father' were for the Anointed only. The 'other sheep' aren't direct children of God, are they?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi slpdjap! Welcome to the forum!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to JWD!!!

The Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian they are members of a demonic cult . They deny Christ in everything they do and say. They do not put faith in Christ. They put their faith in the Watchtower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit