Why are we called JW's

by slpdajp 19 Replies latest jw friends

• slpdajp
    slpdajp

The only thread the WBST give is from the old testament, can anybody explain :

and, after he found him, he brought him to

This is from NW, have asked a few not able to give more than ambiguos answer!!

• kls
    kls
    bullet Jehovah, an English translation of the name for God in the Hebrew Scriptures.
    bullet Witnesses which is taken from the passage in Isaiah 43:10 (and similar passages): "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord..."

Most here are not called JWS but Apostates by the JWS.

• slpdajp
    slpdajp

Me again dont' think the message came out correctly, read Acts 11.26 and let me know your ides

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

the gb just wanted the witnesses to stand out from the rest of christendom. it's the reason for most of their bone-headed ideas; isolate the followers and they will have difficulty leaving...

J

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Isaiah 43:10

Isaiah 43:10 — “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.

Originally, they called themselves Jehovah's witnesses (lowercase "w"). Later, both words began to be capitalized.

And that's why, in a nutshell. It is because Jehovah's Witnesses supposedly bear witness about Jehovah—which Jesus is recorded as having done on ... let's see, add the ... carry the ... and total it up ... wow, zero occasions!

Jesus also said his disciples would be persecuted for bearing his name. Jehovah's Witnesses have never been persecute for bearing Christ's name, not even before they were called Jehovah's Witnesses.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, slpdajp.

Say again, please? Not all your post showed up.

~Merry

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Acts 11:26 — and, after he found him, he brought him to Antioch. It thus came about that for a whole year they gathered together with them in the congregation and taught quite a crowd, and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

JWs are called JWs because they aren't Christians. They are Witnesses of Jehovah, not Christ.

AuldSoul

• slpdajp
    slpdajp

I was meant to quote Acts 11.26 from th NWT

• kls
    kls
    And that's why, in a nutshell. It is because Jehovah's Witnesses supposedly bear witness about Jehovah—which Jesus is recorded as having done on ... let's see, add the ... carry the ... and total it up ... wow, zero occasions

So funny cause it is so true

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ah! I see what was missing now.

...too bad Jehovah's Witnesses don't.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit