1975 - serves you right. No extra brownie points sycophants

by Spectrum 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

This issue came up with my JW nephew(17). I jumped at the chance at using it to prove that the Org is a fraud but then the focus changed slightly.

I said, "Do you know how many people's lives were disrupted by this event. People giving up jobs, selling houses to pioneer for the last few months before the end."
    He said "They deserve it. They thought that they were going to get extra brownie points from God for giving up their comforts for a short period. It should have been in their hearts from the beginning to save people and not try to make a big show of it to God right at then end."
    I didn't know what to say to that.
    That's only a 17 year olds view not sure what an elder's view would be.
    ======
    Please, if we can stick to this point and not whether the Org said it's coming in 1975 or not unless you really have to to make your point.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So then why are so many JWs avoiding college and good paying carriers right now?

Aren't these JWs doing exactly the same thing?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

LOL - easy. Quote the Kingdom Ministry that praises witnoids for leaving their jobs and serving where the need is greater in their last few hours of "this old system of things". There are some good audio clips on the net of buffoon Dub speakers warning people of the imminent destruction set to occur before 1975. Damning stuff.

GBL

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's the way that cookie crumbles. The Watch Tower Society doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses and Jehovah's Witnesses don't like other Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    I said, "Do you know how many people's lives were disrupted by this event. People giving up jobs, selling houses to pioneer for the last few months before the end."

He said "They deserve it. They thought that they were going to get extra brownie points from God for giving up their comforts for a short period. It should have been in their hearts from the beginning to save people and not try to make a big show of it to God right at then end."

Does anyone deserve to be lied to? Maybe they had the best intentions for their fellowman.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I had a same-age friend (about 25 duriing 1975) spout forth that he thought the end would really come just a little AFTER 1975 because that would give time for people to kind of let up. This would help eliminate some of the weaker witnesses who were just doing it for brownies. I.E: Jehovah likes to trick his faithful people.

The cool thing is that this guy was disfellowshipped at least twice and reproved I cannot recall hom many times. He dragged himself back each time (after each divorce and remarriage) by saying he was sorry.

He is now an elder and I hear is just about the biggest WT thumber around.

James

• carla
    carla

Isn't that why jw's keep time sheets? Don't the elders judge ones spirituality by how many hours are put in? couldn't they be compared to 'brownie points"? How many brownie points (hours) add up to making it into the 'new system'? shouldn't we be careful of practicing our piety in front of others?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a devious excuse to get the WTS off the hook for the way they deceived the R&F trying to even blame them for it. This guy seems to hold a grudge against the victims, not the villains.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't know what to say to that.

I know what to say:

I can feel the love.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

To ALL
    I know I'm going to sound like a b*stard for saying this but based on biblical standards my nephew was right.
    Put these people in front o Jesus or hard case Jehovah and what would they have said to these lastminute.kingdom pioneers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit