Watchtower Society is NOT learning

by Amazing1914 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I believed for a while, since 2000, with the build up of lawsuits and litigation, that the Watchtower Society was at least trying to protect itself better. They did publish some useful, if very imperfect, changes in policy regarding child abuse that appeared to suggest their practices were headed in the right direction.

Then, in the year 2006, the hammer of hard reality smacks me upside the head. My son-in-law's dad, who I have mentioned in a continuing series, has been back in jail for sometime because of lying to the police about his sexual deeds with children. The Elders never took any action beyond a public reproof, with the details being concealed from the congregation. This however, is old news.

What is new, however, is that the Elders are now chasing after my son-in-law's mom ... in an attempt to disfellowship her. Her act is not the best choice on earth, but is not the most serious, and certainly not a crime. Also, 99% of the churches would not be harsh or expel her for what she did ... for it is most understandable under the circumstances.

The Watchtower is hell bent, right up to the present, to make sure to stomp on minor offenses while they wink at feloneous child molesters. But, there is an even sicker twist to this terrible story:

The molester found out about his wife's misdeed while he was in jail, and took the opportunity to call from his public cage to tell the Elders about his wife. I had hoped that he was ony guilty of one act and that he might be sorry. No, it seems that he lied about a lot more, and now, rather than focus in on why he is in prison for his crime, he feels it is important to drag his wife into the mud.

What is worse is that the Elders take the bait every time and are so eager to oblige a criminal at the expense of anything good and sensible. What my son-in-law's mom needs is consolation and support - not the Watchtower goon-squad. These Elder-goons are trained and educated by the Watchtower Society, the so-called "Jehovah's Organization" in their ways of goon-ology. The Watchtower Society is not learning anything from what they are facing in the courts. Frankly, they don't give a damn ... and, frankly, they must be brought to justice.

Jim Whitney

• Honesty
    Honesty

They are a Heartless bunch alright, but they might be doing her a favor if they kick her out when she's down and out.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes they are sick mother ^%^%#^%$^%!

I hope honesty is right....that she will see for her self just how wrong and sick that whole religion is!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The society will probably never learn until it is too late; their arrogance has always astounded me.

Lets hope that justice for victims is swift and financially painful.

DB74

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Why do they want to disfellowship son in laws Mum?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Jim

You know, as I do, that abusers never change their tune. They will lie, cheat, cover-up, and whatever else it takes to maintain the illusion of being "right". Whether it is 1 person or an organization they work with the same agenda - prevent the truth from coming out and focus on the little things so you can hide the far bigger things.

I'm sad to hear the family is going through this. But hopefully this recent upset will work out in the end.

• metatron
    metatron

What do expect? Jaracz and his cronies have full control of the organization now. Would you expect ethical reform from

Hitler and his Nazis? This is why the fight must continue, the organization is cold hearted and hell bent about it. It must be defeated

and eliminated, for the evil that it is. Any hope of reform is long gone, sad to say.

metatron

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They CAN'T change because people imitate the God that they worship!There are an estimated 500,000 words in the english language,the one word that fits the God of the Watchtower is-psychopath ----------------- BATTER the BORG with BLOGS all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

'Watchtower goon-squad. These Elder-goons are trained and educated by the Watchtower Society, the so-called "Jehovah's Organization" in their ways of goon-ology.'

I so had to agree with your terminology, right bunch of goons they are....

• Mary
    Mary

OK, what am I missing here? What did your son-in-law's mother do that would warrant them wanting to DF her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit