eBay

by alfie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I've known people who never had any problems. I used eBay once, and only once, as I was ripped off the very first time. The person had great reviews, no negatives. But I sent payment and never received the product. The guy said he sent it and when I still never received it, said he would refund. He never did, and I never used eBay again.

It was a relatively small dollar product or I would have pursued it further.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've bought and sold. I've had only one mildly negative experience on both. Most have been good experiences. One, 1 of 3 lamps received was broken and all 3 special bulbs broken. The seller sent us a check for the value of the broken bulbs. The lampshade was unreplaceable, but... but I say! We already had one and only needed 3. Win/win.

Make sure you set up a PayPal account. You don't have to accept credit cards. If you don't accept credit cards your account is free. If you choose to accept credit cards you are charged 2.9% + 30cents per payment received.

Yes, make sure of who you buy from and/or who you sell too. If you are buying look very very closely at the pictures for defects. Ask the seller any questions before bidding.

Shipping can include a couple dollars for packaging costs. I tend to set a flat but reasonable rate as I put a lot of effort into preparing the shipment. Weigh the item with it's packaging before setting your shipping price online so you don't get burned. It's amazing how heavy things can get once packaged.

It's a lot of fun, and can be addictive!

Good luck.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I sell one of my products on ebay because it reaches the 1 million or so people around the globe who would use it more effectively than any other venue I have discovered. I also buy a few clothing items on ebay because of my size and because I can purchase new Italian designer shirts, ties, shoes etc. for less than half what the mall stores charge for junk that doesn't last more than a few months.

Just be sure the seller/buyer has a feedback rating of at least 50 and a positive ratio of at least 98%.

• moshe
    moshe

If you use paypal , be aware that some have been victimized by it. Do a google search to see how to protect yourself. I both sell and buy. I really like my paypal credit-debit card. I can easily spend the money from my Ebay sales.

good luck,

Moshe

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I sell full time on eBay and make a living doing so. (Once in a While, I also buy stuff)

The Following Steps are Extremely Important:

Always check feedback before bidding (also check the feedback the seller leaves for others)

Always know the Shipping Cost Before Bidding

Always Pay with PayPal using a Credit Card.

• Clam
    Clam

I have a chuckle when I do a Jehovahs Witness google search and on the right hand side of the screen it says

Great deals on Jehovahs Witnesses
    Shop on eBay and Save!

Has anyone ever purchased a JW on ebay and have they been happy with it ?????

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never had any problems, but one of my close friends did get cheated just once out of many times that he used e bay, he paid but never got the goods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit