eBay

by alfie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• alfie
    alfie

Hi there from the rainy West Coast of Canada,

alfie here, as you know I don't get on the board often, but I do read comments occasionally and enjoy all of the things said. However, I'm needing some advice and have never seen this subject discussed. We (Mrs.alfie and I), are interested in using eBay, but aren't sure how safe and/or reliable the service is. So without further adieu, any feedback? Thanks to all in advance.

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

used it once and was delighted

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for 6 years. I have never had any problems.

Make sure the person you buy from has lots of positive feedback a higher number is usually better but not if they have a lot of negative comments.

I'd also make sure what the shipping costs are before you bid because some people over charge on shipping and take advantage. Especially if they are shipping it Internationally.

Happy Bidding!

Chrystal

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Gina and I have both bought and sold on eBay. Never had a problem, seems like a well run system. Are you wanting to buy, or sell, or both?

Dave

• alfie
    alfie

Hi Dave,

At this point in time, just buying. Looking for VHS version of The Lord of the Rings: The Return Of the King. Not too far behind everybody are we?

CIAO4NIAO!!!

alfie

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Ditto....I've been using eBay for several years and had no problems. Check their feedback, make sure it's positive and (preferably plentiful). Communicate well with the sellers/buyers, pay promptly, ship quickly, and all should be well....

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I buy and sell lots on eBay, and have a great time!

1) As a newbie, never buy from a seller with less than 50 feedback and NEVER buy from someone who has feedback that is 97% positive or lower. I know 97% positive sounds good, but it is not! It is actually quite poor. Only buy from sellers with 98% positive feedback or better!

2) Understand, please that eBay is just a place where buyers and sellers meet. You are buying from a private person who wrote the add. Some of the people selling are great, and some are not, so it is important to read the add very carefully and to CHECK THE FEEDBACK.

3) If you have a problem with a seller or a buyer, please try to work it out with them before you leave a bad feedback. However, if you buy from sellers with 98% positive feedback who have over 50 feedback comments, chances are you won't have many problems.

4) Make sure you know how much shipping is before you bid.

Have fun!!

-Lisa

• jb
    jb

My husband has used it a few times and has never had a problem. Hope you fine what your looking for.

jb

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Alfie and a welcome from the rainy west coast of England!

It's all been said by the other posters. I've never had any problems either. I would recommend two things though - try and get a Paypal account and be very wary of items that have a lot of bidders.

Often I've found that a bidding frenzy hikes the price of used to goods to that over and above the new retail price. Sometimes it waits to be patient and then you can get a bargain.

• Trace
    Trace

I have used E-Bay for numerous (100s) of transactions and it's fine.

Note the advice on this thread and realize that you're dealing with people (the buyers and the sellers) and some are cheats but most are honest.

The rating system works well and you are able to interact via the "ask seller a question" functionality so .... proceed with caution and confidence.

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit