Stomach Flu

by Hellrider 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

...I`ve had it for two days now. Something my son brought home from Kindergarten. I`ve never had those stomach flus ever since I was a kid. So, it`s been coming out of both ends for two days now. God, I hate to throw up, I even stopped getting drunk because I hate to throw up, and now I`ve been at it for two days...well, that`s detailed enough, lol. Anyone got any good ideas, cures, etc? I tried paracetamol, just to see if it would work, it got my fever down, but did nothing with the nausea and stomach pains. So, what else is there ?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Poor baby!

That's the downside of having small children...they bring nasty things like that home...ugh!

Even worse is if you have more than one child and they decide to take turns..one sick..get's better..next one sick..gets better..then the parents get sick while the third one is sick..

I had three kids..took 2 months for the mumps to disappear from the house!..really....

They each only had one at a time..then the next few days they got one on the other side..bummer.

For the nausea..I usually ended up getting the Dr to prescribe suppositories. It stopped the throwing up.But they have a lot of stuff at the drug store now for that.

Hope all is well real soon.

Snoozy..

ps...Lady Lee was sick also..sounds like the same bug!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I really think mine was food poisoning.

I've had a bit of weak tea. Made some Jello. Had sips of water and Gatoraid and lots of crackers. Earlier I had a bowl of cream of wheat and that stayed down.

Mine started last night. Today I am more shaky than anything else and if I move my head to fast I get dizzy s o--I--a m--m o v i n g--i n--s l ow--m o t i o n.

If I had gingerale I would be drinking that too

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Cinnamon. You can take cinnamon tablets or brew it in your coffee maker (2 heaping tsps. cinnamon to a pot of water) and sip the "tea."

It kills stomach viruses and viruses of all types. Btw, we haven't had a stomach virus since 1973.

Frannie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Bourbon - alcohol is antiseptic and kills germs - just a small glass dont over do it - but it works well for me

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ok, thanks all! Hm, think I`ll pass on the prescription drugs...Snoozy, that`s bad news for us, we`re thinking of having another one, lol. Seriously, stomach flu with all the nausea is so bad it`s an actual argument to not get kids, or at least not more than one. I`ll try out the cinnamon tea, maybe have a zip of booze too. Cinnamon tea with alcohol in it...that should do the trick..Good night everybody, and thanks.

• Es
    Es

Oh you poor darls...we had that go through the fam a few months ago it was shocking...i have never been that sick before.

Hope you get well soon

es

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've just taken my daughter to the doctors this morning because she has it.

His advice was to drink plenty of fluids, eat only small amounts of non greasy food, not get too watm and plenty of rest.

• gumby
    gumby
    it`s been coming out of both ends for two days now. Anyone got any good ideas, cures, etc?

When I had it last week, I found if you shit in the toilet while you puke in the wastebasket.......it's way easier than tryin to puke in the toilet and shittin yer shorts or on the floor.

Gumbarfer

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

One of the best things to take for stomach flu/virus is Activated Charcoal---that you get at the herb store. (Follow directions on bottle, until symptoms clear up) It's what hospitals use for poisonings/overdoses, etc. It will not take away the fever or aches and pains but will get rid of the nasty stuff in your intestines. I have kept this in my emergency medical kit for years. Also, if you feel that you are getting dehydrated, drink sports drinks, if you can tolerate them. You can make your own: 1 litre or quart boiled water, 1/4 tsp salt, 8 level tsp. sugar...this really helps replenish your system and helps stop diarrhea.

I know this doesn't make any sense but I recently tried it when I came down with the flu. Use a 1/4 tsp of baking soda to 16 ounces of water and drink every day. My son had the flu for 2 weeks...I only had it for a week and not as severe, because I did the above things. The baking soda helps nutralize the acids in your stomach and helps your system to be able to heal faster. It's amazing what we can do with the things in our kitchens.

I also used the Nyquil Liquid Caps and that helped a lot with the congestion...along with herbal teas/honey.

Hope this helps....

Swalker

P.S. I am not a dr and this may not work for everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit