Sharing the Joy... of Open Mindedness, and Apostasy

by RichieRich 18 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I work with a few young witnesses. Actually, they work for me. But that's not the point here.

One young sister is a year younger than me, and actually in my congregation. I knew she was cool to an extent, in that if I cursed around her, or made some off-color joke, she wouldn't run screaming to the elders.

Last night, we were sitting in the breakroom, and I just picked up her phone, and started reading her text messages. Aside from the normal teenage girl angst and drama were some very lewd messages to some guy.

Non-confrontationally as possible, I asked, and her entire face became flush, and she started begging me not to tell the elders.

I told her I wouldn't tell the elders, as it was none of their business, and it didn't matter to me, because I'm gone in a few months anyway.

"gone in a few months?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, I'll be turning in a letter to nullify my baptism."

"You CAN DO THAT?" she was shocked.

"Sure, I was minor when I entered a legal contract which had ramifications I cannot / will not accept. So, its no good."

"Wow! You know, the only good thing about the hall anymore is the people. But lately, the people are being real standoffish towards my family. Plus, everyone's pressuring me to get baptized, and I'm not doing it because I just don't believe anymore… I'm just waiting for some sort of sign." She looked like she could either burs into tears or laughter at this point.

"I've got some information that I'll show you, that shows that the hypocrisy goes to the top. But you can't just share this with anyone, and if you are caught with it, they'll accuse you of being apostate."

"Oh my goodness. Thank you so much Richie. I really appreciate it."

As she walked away, I text messaged her and merely said, "When you're alone, www.reexamine.org"

At the meeting this morning, she just dropped her jaw as I raised my hand to comment on the Watchtower. Then she raised her hand, gave one of the most fluid eloquent comments I had heard all day [besides my own], and then turned, and winked at me.

I'm going to speak to more at work today, and if she appears to be able to take it, I might guide her to JWD.

So now, I wonder, what next? And How many more are like her?

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

wow Richie, how cool!

just proceed with caution, she may get a conscience and cause some trouble for you.

I think there's a lot like her, but they just don't know how to get out.....

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    she may get a conscience and cause some trouble for you.

Don't worry, she's got her head in other things...

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Very cool Richie! I'd say most JW youth's are like her. I just wish that when I was a teenager someone had pointed me to the info that's now available. It sure would have saved a lot of lost time.

Keep it up man!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Richie,

It is amazing to me that you are so mature and centered at your age. You really have your act together. Your friend is lucky to have you to talk to.

Coffee

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Maybe we should start keeping track of our 'calls' - I know where there are some great forms......

Seriously...this is great. Just like bringing people into the borg - getting them out is a one at a time proposition....

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

So your plan is to get some dirt on them so they can't rat you out, then do some counter-witnessing? Beautiful, wish I'd thought of it! ;-)

Seriously, beautiful dude. Well-played!

Dave

• Honesty
    Honesty

I loved Field Service when I was "in" but.... I absolutely enjoy sharing the Good News about the cult with active witnesses. I see that RR is also getting a piece of the local action in his area. It's such a warm and fuzzy feelin' that I wish I had done it years ago.

Just wait, Richie. in no time at all you'll be putting in Pioneer hours without having to fill out a stupid time sheet.

• Funchback
    Funchback

She just let you pick up her cell phone and read her messages? How strange.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"just proceed with caution, she may get a conscience and cause some trouble for you."

Yep, Almostatheist spotted it. You're a dirty, rotten sneaky blackmailer Richie!!You're too good for the borg.

Actually, I was just thinking that it must be as exciting as getting a Bible study out of incidental witnessing. ( bad analogy).

From the sound of it I'll bet 'reexamine' wasn't the only text you sent to this wee lamb!

Pete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit