Remote Viewing

by funkyderek 161 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Not a conspiracy theory, fact. Here is an article from the washington post regarding project stargate.

Washington Post, 04 December 1995

Up Close & Personal with a Remote Viewer
    Joe McMoneagle Defends the Secret Project

NELLYSFORD, Va.
    Joseph McMoneagle may be watching you read this.

After all, that was his job for 15 years— watching people he could not see for the Pentagon. He was called a "remote viewer."

Remote Viewers have been in the headlines recently because it's come to light that several of them worked on the "Stargate" program, a top secret, multimillion-dollar project at Fort Meade, Md., using their supposed paranormal know-how— and know-where— to help locate American hostages, enemy submarines, strategic buildings in foreign countries, and who knows what else. A new report, commissioned by the CIA, was critical of Stargate and called further expenditures unjustified.

Yesterday, at his light and airy home in Nelson county Va., McMoneagle defended remote viewing, which he explained as the act of describing or drawing details about a place, person or thing without having any prior knowledge of that place, person or thing. He said that true remote viewing, unlike crystal-ball gazing and tea-leaf reading, is always conducted under "strict scientific protocols."

Granted, it still sounds squirrelly. And it doesn't really help to know that McMoneagle, a retired Army officer, has also trafficked in near-death experiences, out-of-body travel and unidentified flying objects. In 1993 he wrote a book called "Mind Trek—Exploring Consciousness, Time and Space through Remote Viewing."

But he put his skills on the line last week on national television— when ABC became, for an hour, the other psychic network— and the demonstration was impressive. Since then the phone's been ringing.

Despite a bad back and the exhaustion that comes with flash-point celebrity, he was eager to talk about his expertise. He was stretched out flat on his living room couch, wearing a green V-neck sweater, bluejeans and brown loafers. He's got a thick neck, gray-white hair and a trace of bitterness in his voice.

"My career was destroyed in the Army," said McMoneagle, who joined in 1964 and was severely injured in a helicopter accident in Vietnam. He said he knew when he first joined the Stargate project—which was then called Grillflame—in 1978 that he would never again be taken seriously for any other job in the military. But he felt the assignment was too important to national security to decline.

"Everybody's got it all backward," he said of the criticism and ridicule the project is receiving today. He explained that the government was not using psychics to find people or things. They were using remote viewers, about 15 of them, who operated under strict guidelines developed in the laboratories at SRI International, a California contractor, to provide additional information to be used in conjunction with intelligence gathered by satellites or spies or any other traditional means.

He said the reported cost of $20 million for the 20-year product was minuscule compared to its value, and estimated that remote viewers saved the government about $240 million by helping find lost Scud missiles in the Persian Gulf War. Research has shown that remote viewing works 14 percent of the time or more, he said, "There is a huge percentage of intelligence collection systems that don't do as well."

The information provided by remote viewers, he reiterated, was never used without other types of corroboration. He said nearly every agency with an intelligence wingan intelligence wing— including the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Secret Service, the Coast Guard and Customs— employed remote viewers at some time or another.
    On a typical workday, McMoneagle said, he reported to an old, leaky wooden barracks at Fort Meade, where he went into a one-person office. He sat at a desk with a typewriter and a mug of coffee. The cup said This End Up and had an arrow pointing the wrong way. He was then presented with sealed envelopes—sometimes large brown ones, sometimes small white ones—and he was asked to supply information about whatever was inside.

There might be a photograph of a person, he said, and he would be asked to describe where the person was locateed. In that way, he said, he helped the Army locate hostages in Iran. He said he predicted almost precisely where Skylab was going to fall, 11 months before the spacecraft returned to Earth in 1979. He named the city in Italy— Padua— and described the second-floor apartment where Brig. Gen James Dozier was held hostage by the Red Brigades in 1981. The information arrived in Italy on the day Dozier was released.

Over the years, McMoneagle said, he was involved in about 450 missions. One of his favorites was in 1980, when CIA personnel captured a suspected KGB agent in South Africa. They wanted to know how the agent was communicating with the Soviet military. They put an envelope on McMoneagle's desk, and without knowing anything of the man, McMoneagle told the CIA that the man liked to use a small pocket calculator. The calculator turned out to be a disguised shortwave radio.

McMoneagle retired from the Army in 1984, but continued to work as a Stargate consultant.

Last week he appeared on "Nightline" and on the ABC special "Put to the Test." "It's not like he handed me a perfect photograph of the location," said independent producer Ruth Rivin, of Elemental Productions, when asked about McMoneagle's performance. "Some of the descriptions were pretty remarkable," she said. "We followed all the scientific protocol laid out by Edwin May, a nuclear physicist [at SRI] who's been researching remote viewing for the last 20 years."

Rivin flew McMoneagle to Houston, a city he had never visited. She hired a location scout and instructed her to take photos of several Houston landmarks. One of the spots was chosen by a roll of the dice, and Rivin sent an official of the Houston tourist bureau there. McMoneagle was locked in a windowless room, shown a photo of the tourism official and asked to describe where the woman was. He spoke of a natural river that had been improved by man and of a bridge with foot traffic. The woman was standing near the ship channel in Houston. A bridge— for automobiles— was in the distance.

Today, McMoneagle runs his one man-company, Intuitive Intelligence Applications, from a bedroom equipped with a Zeos computer, windows facing the Blue Ridge mountains and a color photo of the Sphinx. He said he can help a wildcatter find an oil well or a quarry operator know where to mine.

But he's still quietly angry about the way his service to his country is being portrayed. He said he was never paid more than a man of his rank—chief warrant officer. And as a consultant until 1993, he made even less.

"The project was approved on a year-to-year basis," he said. "This approval was based on our performance. So why the hell are they running for cover now?"

And as for Stargate and remote viewing, what makes you think they still aren't using it? Russians and Americans are still spying on one another, recently the russian ambasador to the united states was expelled for spying. Stargate was secret up until it was officially disbanded.

As for it havin no value:

The surprise was the source of this information--the CIA itself. "CIA confirms U.S. used 'psychic' spies," announced an Associated Press wire story Nov. 28 last year. According to it, Project Stargate employed psychics "to hunt down Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, find plutonium in North Korea and help drug enforcement agencies."

Former Central Intelligence Agency director Robert Gates, appearing on Nightline that day, gave the official position on Project Stargate. Along with Gates was a former technical advisor to the agency, as well as a physicist involved in psi research.

The physicist spoke of "dramatic (ESP) cases in the laboratory, both statistically importnat as well as visually compelling." The advisor, allowing himself to be identified only as "Norm," said that little of the psi work produced "any significant intelligence product," but then spoke of results with psychics that made for "eight-martini nights" -- apparent intelligence parlance for information so accurate it cracks the sense of reality of everyone involved, requiring a few drinks to recover. Gates downplayed the effectiveness of the Stargate program, saying ESP had a low priority for the agency.

.. http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing/pub/news/96jun02-vc.html

-Dan

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Bboy's girl
    I appreciate you giving us a detailed explanation, and I have to say I believe you. Ok I may be shot out of the water for this, but I want to point out a few things to the skeptics. We have no idea what the brain is capable of. Medically we are more advanced now then we were 100 years ago, and our ability to test the limits of the body is more advanced now.

True many people have been tested in scientific experiments and failed miserably in them. But we have to think, are the scientists using the right tests to determine the validity of the claims? No one really knows, we have many people on earth who claim they have psychic abilities, some over the top, and others minimal experiences.

Until the day that we understand the human brain 100% there is no way to disprove that psychic ability exists. Of course people don't have to believe what you say, and may even try to discredit you. But feelings are feelings, and they are true to you, that is all that counts.
    wendy

P.S. Jan take it easy on me ok?

Edited because I recieved 12 replies to this thread in my email![>:(]

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I would like to point out something terribly obvious that most people
    seem to miss.

Every form of communication has a transmission source and a receptor.
    Think about it. Sound waves are received by the ear, which is relatively
    prominent. Light waves are received by the eyes, also prominent. In fact
    every sensory input has a receiver, and also a portion or portions of the
    brain used to interpret the signals.

Now look at your body. You have no receiver for brain waves or ESP
    signals, whatever they may be. In order to capture something as
    intangible as these things, the receiver would need to be extra sensitive,
    probably very large and prominent.

The absence of a receiver, and the absense of an unexplained part of the
    brain indicate that these forms of communication are impossible.

As was mentioned earlier, the brain is extremely powerful, and it does nothing
    better than fool itself.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Now look at your body. You have no receiver for brain waves or ESP signals, whatever they may be. In order to capture something as
    intangible as these things, the receiver would need to be extra sensitive, probably very large and prominent.

The absence of a receiver, and the absense of an unexplained part of the brain indicate that these forms of communication are impossible.

The entire brain is significantly unexplained. As was posted earlier, until we understand it 100% we can't just throw out the possiblity.

There are many things that convential wisdom would hold impossible and yet it happens

Theoretically, entangled light particles would bypass the physical constraint and work twice as efficiently as conventional laser beams and produce transistors as small as 64 nanometers.

A pair of entangled photons would travel together and behave as a single unit when aimed at two possible paths. While scientists could not determine which path they take, in quantum mechanics each photon would actually travel down both.

Quantum scientists theorize that intermingling photons can influence each other despite being separated by half the galaxy, a process that Albert Einstein called "spooky action at a distance."

-Dan

• bboynekosgirlfriend
    bboynekosgirlfriend
    Sorry, that's just a dumb excuse. The reason mysterious powers disappear as soon as they are exposed to real testing, is that they do not exist in the first place. Our brains are powerful. What it is best at, is fooling ourselves.

What an ignorant statement. You see it for yourself in Jehovahs Witness mentality that if you think what you believe is the ultimate truth no amount of proof can change such pig headedness. It is ignorant to claim to have more knowledge on something you have no experience with than someone that has experienced it first hand.

I would really, really want to have confirmed that supernatural powers existed. Then I'd want some of them But the so-called evidence always evaporates as soon as these "powers" are exposed to verifiable tests. Why? Because they do not really exist. I don't doubt you have experienced something. I do doubt you can obtain any real, outside knowledge from ESP.

bboyneko has posted many 'tests' done with great results and they are explained away with some excuse or another.

If i take all the people on this message board and decide to test thier abitlity to solve a difficult scientific equation probably very few people would be able to do it. It doesn't mean it can't be done or that the persons that can do it are lieing about their ability.It only means you personally don't posses the skills to so it or need alot of training before being able to acheive it.

Every test is relative. I could easily get an A on a middle school test but would fail misserably with a medical exam paper. And as previously stated since so little is known about these abilities there is no testing that can be proven to test these capabilities.

I really don't beleive humans in our current form are capable of using these skills to solve crimes. I think it stills needs alot of developing before it would be a reliable sorce of any kind although i have seen stories on 20/20 type shows of physics that were used succesfully in cases so to say that 'The police have NEVER gotten a truly useful piece of information from a psychic.' is a very unsubstatiated comment as you cannot possibly prove it to be unfalibly true.

I really do beleive we can all do this to some degree or another. I know when i am out walking around town i can sense when someone is checking me out or staring at the piece of cheese hanging out of my mouth and i atomatically look back.I think many people have experienced it.

One other experience i thought was somewhat amusing. One time dan tested me with putting a marker of a piece of paper into a magasine at a random page for me to remote view. I asked dan which side of the paper should i imagine. He told me and we both went to it. When we were done we opened the book. Dan had alot of things drawn correctly but nothing of mine even slightly resemble anyhitng on the page. I had drawn a checker board design and it was some landscape. Then i looked at the otehr page where the other side fo the page had been touching and saw a crossword puzzle. I realised all my drawings were for the OTHER page and i realised i had gotten a little confused as to which page to draw. A little odd huh!

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Sorry jan, im with BBNeko's GF on this one. I too have De Ja Vu, its really cool when I can do something about it before the outcome comes up. In the middle of an experiance, I can remember what happens in the end, and i can change it if I want. First time i did it I was like 12, I had a dream one night that my mom would walk in on my taking apart an old television set and yell at me(she hated me taking things apart). Well one day there i was, in my room taking the TV apart when it hit me, I dremt this. I quickly pushed the tv and parts under some pillows around my bed and out of site. As soon as I did, my mom walked in the room and asked if I wanted any lunch, she looked around, and told me to clean my room, and walked out. Ive done it a few time more scince then. Once with the most gorgeous girl i've ever known, the girl I think I should have fallen in love with and gotten married to, I had an awesome experience with a deck of cards. We were playin around and I took the top card, I set it down between the two of us and i said, ok, think deep and hard about it and tell me what you think it is. She said 7 of hearts, which freaked me out to begin with because it was the exact same card I thought it was. I told her to keep looking in my eyes even after i turned the card over (mainly cause I loved looking in her eyes) so she did. Finally, we both looked down, she jumped up off the bed she was on and If i wasnt sitting down i think i might have fell over, it was the 7 of hearts. Human beings use no more than 2% of their brain at one time. That being the case, maybe there are parts of the brain that we dont normally use that kick in at certain times for certain people (As in the case of being around someone you really love, or because you feel your in danger). Or maybe for some people its hereditary, like with me and my bro(he gets stuff too, outside of the drugs :P) I think our mom had some abilities to scence things, but she wont admit it because its "Demonized". But I beleve ya BBN's GF. Wish I was as strong with it as you are :).

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Hmm, man I ramble. Sorry bout that, lol

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Hold on - I can't let this one slip past. People use ALL of their brain. The old saying about people using only 2% or 10% or some other small percentage of the brain is not true - it is just one of those things that has been said so many times by so many people that it is taken as fact. Almost everyone believes this, but there is nothing factual to back it up.

More detail: http://www.snopes2.com/spoons/fracture/10percnt.htm

• rem
    rem

Stiffler,

First time i did it I was like 12, I had a dream one night that my mom would walk in on my taking apart an old television set and yell at me(she hated me taking things apart). Well one day there i was, in my room taking the TV apart when it hit me, I dremt this. I quickly pushed the tv and parts under some pillows around my bed and out of site. As soon as I did, my mom walked in the room and asked if I wanted any lunch, she looked around, and told me to clean my room, and walked out.

I'm not sure how this would be any evidence for any type of psi or deja vu claim. You admit that this was something you regularly did and your mother did not approve. The end result was not even what you dreamt. Am I missing something? This does not even count as a hit in the world of ESP.

It's like saying - I had a dream that the airplane I was going to fly on was going to crash. I cancelled my ticket and the plane left without me. It didn't crash - but it would have if I had not cancelled my flight.

Fellow posters/lurkers: This is a classic case of psychology in action - forgetting the misses and rembering only (and even manufacturing) the hits.

It happens to everyone. Chuck also beat me to the 2% of the brain myth. ;)

The world is a fascinating, strange, wonderful place - but it's not that strange. We are complex beings - but we know a lot more about the world around us and our bodies than most people give us credit for. Even with all of our knowledge, I'm afraid superstition will be a permanent feature in human society.

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• Moridin
    Moridin

I agree with BBoy it's something that anyone can learn. It takes lots of practice and plenty of patience for some others it's very natural and comes quickly without much work at all. It's amazing what the brain is capable of and it's amazing to think of what mankind could accomplish if we were all at a higher level of thinking and abilities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit