Anyone that still attends meetings?

by kls 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yeah, come to think of it-that's probbably one subject that is almost never talked about during a talk.

And yet matters such as the cleaning of the kingdom hall and gum chewing get more air time.

The only time that subject is ever even presented is when the WT is pointing at "Christendom" I can't tell you how many times the brother on stage will whip out a newspaper article about 'yet another priest caught molesting little boys'

The only difference is the church is willing to turn the priest in and yet the elders will keep their mouths shut about that sick little MS whose been foddling little Sally Sue.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    I think he is full of crap

I agree

B

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

...and actually, it's NOT 'up to the family' to decide whether to report.

In almost every state in the union, any adult who has even a 'suspicion' of child abuse has a legal duty (by LAW) to report to law enforcement, with criminal penalties for failure to do so.

To state "it's up to you, parents" is to minimize or ignore the LEGAL REPORTING REQUIREMENT.

Why not encourage actual compliance with the law? (novel concept..)

Why not enforce a 'ZERO tolerance' of child abuse in the congregations?

Why not protect the children FIRST?

From what i continue to hear from parents of victims, this isn't happening anyway.. ('it's up to you, parents'), UNLESS the purported molester is outside the cong, or minimally involved. If the molester is heavily involved in the org, it's still an 'inside' job.

'Policy is what you DO, not what you SAY you do..'

kimberlee d norris

• JH
    JH

How can there be child molestation in God's organization.

I don't believe a word

• unique2u
    unique2u

You can check out names at the following link for WI sex offenders- just enter the zip code

http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/search/searchbylocation.jsp

I would hope other states have this info.

I googled "WI sex offenders"

Worth Checking it out- in or out of the org.

• blondie
    blondie

kls, it depends on which state the crime takes place in. In some states, the elders as "clergy" are exempted in others they are not and are required to report even if the family doesn't. That is why the elders are told to call the Legal Department in Bethel before they do anything.

The elders should know this because they spent a whole afternoon at the elder school hearing the instructors saying

Call Legal

Call Legal

Call Legal

Blondie

• blondie
  • blondie
    blondie

In Wisconsin

Mandated Reporters
    Persons in some professions are required by law to report suspected cases of child abuse and neglect as well as those situations in which they have reason to believe that a child has been threatened with abuse or neglect or that abuse or neglect will occur. These people are called mandated reporters, and each state must list who falls into this category. Persons required to report and who intentionally fail to report may be fined and/or imprisoned. Some of those persons are listed here (according to Wisconsin statutes).

• Physicians
    • Coroner
    • Medical examiners
    • Nurses
    • Dentists
    • Chiropractors
    • Acupuncturist
    • Optometrists
    • All medical and mental health professionals
    • Day care providers
    • Alcohol and drug abuse counselors
    • Marriage and family therapists
    • Treatment staff employed by or working under contract with a community board
    • Professional counselors
    • Physical therapists
    • Speech therapists
    • Audiologists
    • Dieticians
    • Paramedics
    • Emergency medical technicians
    • Social or public assistance workers
    • School administrators, teachers, counselors
    • Child care workers in any day care center or child caring institution
    • Police and law enforcement officers
    • Mediators under section 767.11
    • Clergy (sexual abuse only)

Again, these are people who are mandated by law to report . . . This does not cover any moral mandate that we all have to protect children. ANY person may report if there is reason to believe a child has been abused or neglected or has been threatened with abuse or neglect. If you suspect that child abuse or neglect is occurring to a child, contact your local child protective services agency, human services agency, or police department.

http://www.preventchildabusewi.org/$spindb.query.general.pcawview.22

• kls
    kls

Thanks Unique2u , i have been looking for that site. Blondie ,thanks for the clarification of the law here in Wisconsin .I just hope the JWS abide by the law,,,,,,,,Who am i kidding.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I very rarely miss a meeting - attend virtually all of them. I have never heard of this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit