current time requirements?

by carla 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

When I was a reg. pio. (87-90) it was 1000 hours a year? I was removed in 89? 90? because I fell short by a few hours (less than 20) due to some severe family emergencies. In retrospect, that started my slide out the door.

Auxiliary used to be 60 hours a month, and everyone was 'encouraged' to do this for the special month of April. Hilarious.

• carla
    carla

I have seen a few of his little time slips, I notice he has to say who he spent time with. Even if it was only five minutes. I suggested he could get all his 'time in' with me alone! No response. He doesn't understand that some people are insulted that they are just 'time' for jw's. No matter how much they deny it. I also asked him why jw's will give up on certain people who don't seem to be 'progressing' or keep asking pesky thought provoking questions when I know of a few Christians who have had running conversations with non believers for literally years and don't give up. No response. Then he came back with that happening in some other cong, of course. I'm tellin' ya, he has the only cong in the world with no pedophiles, filled with love, and everybody is just sooooo wonderful moral upstanding pillars of society!

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

What I love is how wimpy the pioneers/publishers are these days. When I was a kid, my aunt was a regular pioneer (120 hours a month) and my mom often put in 80 hours a month (we went out in service M-W-F-Sa, but had bible studies in the afternoons most of those days). Yep, I "counted time," too; there's a copy of my first "time slip" in my baby book.

Now, I've got a cousin who's pioneering on a measly 70 hours a month--she's in college part-time and living at home while her parents support her. Whenever I see her, she's complaining about how hard it is it make her time. What a wimp!

When I went "street witnessing" with my grandma and my pioneer aunt, we actually started conversations with people in the street. The JWs in downtown Sac who do "street witnessing" just stand around on the K Street mall holding up magazines and talking to each other. I've also seen JWs walking in the park talking to each other while holding up the magazines, and I know they're counting time for that crap.

My partner thinks it's hilarious that I get riled up about how wimpy the JWs are, but fair's fair. I had to really get out there and preach in order to count my time.

Okay, irony break.

Jankyn, of the "I could sell space heaters in hell (if there was a hell)" class

• LDH
    LDH
    Now, I've got a cousin who's pioneering on a measly 70 hours a month--she's in college part-time and living at home while her parents support her. Whenever I see her, she's complaining about how hard it is it make her time. What a wimp!

When I went "street witnessing" with my grandma and my pioneer aunt, we actually started conversations with people in the street. The JWs in downtown Sac who do "street witnessing" just stand around on the K Street mall holding up magazines and talking to each other. I've also seen JWs walking in the park talking to each other while holding up the magazines, and I know they're counting time for that crap.

amen, and amen.

Lisa

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    and had a family study factored into that. It used to get the rest of us so mad!

This is one of the things that pisses me off now. So many Self-righteous elders actually say to deduct 4 hrs due to the study with that brothers kids and this is his REAL time. This contradicts what WT lit says that making a child a disciple is the MOST important assignment of fathers and mothers. Also contradicts numerous scriptures on not judging or comparing to others, etc. These types of comments just reek of the judgemental, unloving, unchristian climate that this "religion" promotes. Bunch of asses!

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    But in nearly every congregation there is at least one Brother or Sister Weneversee, who doesn't EVER meet for service (unless the CO is in town) but gets slightly over the national average every month anyway. The subject of much discussion. How they get so much time is such a mystery.

lol...we used to call those Secret Service hours.

Axel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit