What would you do...

by MsMcDucket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

if someone showed up at your door broke down from being shunned? Would you take them in? Kick them out? Help them? What?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Follow your heart.

• avishai
    avishai

Ironically, the good samaritan is a good parable for me.

Remember, the Jews and Samaritans were sects of the same religion. And both considered one another "Apostate".

• Highlander
    Highlander

My decision wouldn't be based on the fact that this person is df'd or da'd. I would make my decision based on the circumstances of this person. Would I take in a convict? probably not.

Most other circumstances I would help the person out.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Are you kidding? I think I might not be understanding this:

broke down from being shunned

... but I presume you mean 'upset to the point of breakdown over being shunned', in which case I would definitely take them in. Sheez how much has a person got to bleed before you administer first aid?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I shun the shunners. This means I don't want anything to do with the bastards. If a shunner needs help I'd call 911.

• slugga
    slugga

Its a human being on the door in distress...

What would Jesus *really* do?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Is this a trick question? Help them of course.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Take them in and help them in any way and by what ever means possible!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'd help them in any immediate way I could, but I wouldn't be willing to put them up in my home. That's just too dangerous -- I don't know them. I could feed them and clothe them and get them a hotel for a night or two, but we'd have to use the intervening time to get them into a shelter or something. (I wouldn't have the cash to keep them there long!)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit