Do JW's consider Jesus to be their saviour?

by Bumble Bee 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

"Do JWs consider Jesus Christ to be their saviour?"

No. JW-ism isn`t christianity. It`s a corrupted form of judaism. They have rejected 2000 years of christianity, up to the point of desiring to rewrite the Bible itself. JW-ism has nothing to do with christianity.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I think most of us JWs do. I can only speak for myself though and my acceptance that personal salvation comes from God through Jesus might not be how a life long JW would view it. My wife is a lifer JW and she says that Jesus' shed blood was for each and all of us. Her reactions though to comment I make indicate that she believes the that "FDS" is leading us to salvation. The idea that JWs are not Christian has no more validity than saying Baptists, Catholics, Episcopalians, etc... are not Christian. They all have error in their teachings.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    The idea that JWs are not Christian has no more validity than saying Baptists, Catholics, Episcopalians, etc... are not Christian; They all have error in their teachings.

They do? Actually, I think most of Christianity has got it right when it comes to correct Biblical interpretation (and no, I don`t belong to any church). Sure, there are some details here and there that they didn`t get right, but as for the JWs, they are wrong on almost every basic doctrine! The only thing they are doing right, is to emphasise the ressurection, but even on this issue, they got it wrong. And I would not consider them christians, as the christianity, ever since its beginning, centered around Christ, not the Lord that sent him (whom he might or might not be part of, but that`s not the issue). And no, Christ is NOT just mediator for the 144K (which isn`t even a literal number, and they are not even a separate group apart from the great crowd), he is, accodring to the Bible, mediator for all mankind, for every single individual who chooses to embrace Christ. This particular part of doctrine is very significant, and separates the JWs from the rest of christianity to the point of excluding them, imo.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Is it possible, Jesus could have been our Father, but showing us how to be His "sons"? What better way to SHOW us how to do it? I mean when it's all said and done, we should all be His "sons" right? If we are all His "sons", then why should one child be over the other? Jesus, right now to me is the Word, or the Bible, or the manual to these cars we drive everyday that are all screwed up, or the Word of our Father. That is who I obey, question, and follow.

Your little brother,

David

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are outside the New Covenent and therefore have no one to represent them before the throne of the Supreme God. They still refuse to accept Jesus as their Messiah and one wonders who will reconcile them to God.

• reaper
    reaper

In order to answer who God is, we need to go right back to Eden before the fall. The God who created everything was and is the Word or Logos, as John 1:1 clearly tells us. The creator God actually walked with Adam in the garden, and conversed directly with him. When Adam rejected Gods love and protection he was thrown out of the garden and the ground was cursed.

However God is not just one person as is clearly taught in Genesis, when God said 'let us make man in our image' (Elohim plural). So it is obvious that the Father God is the one who designs everything and causes everything to come about. The 'Word' was the person of the Godhead who went out and completed all that the Father had commanded or SPOKE (The Word).

The Holy Spirit is also God, and is the other person of God who accomplishes things, by acting on behalf of the Father through the Word who became flesh and we know as Yeshua (Jesus).

Yeshua when on this Earth as a human, said that He is the Way the Truth and the Life, meaning that he was the WAY God created ALL things, that he always speaks the TRUTH and he is the Only LIFE. Since he came to Earth and allowed himself to be slain by mere men, he paved the WAY to the Father in order to achieve reconcilliation with him.

I believe that Yeshua was also YHWH of the OT and the reason I believe that is because the Father cannot deal with sinful mankind directly.

That is why the WT Society, Islam, Judiasim and any other faith who do not admit that Yeshua is the only way, cannot approach the Father directly, or at all.

In the case of many JWs, I believe that they really think that Yeshua is their Mediator and Ransom saviour, but because the CULT keeps them away from Yeshua they are always depressed or frustrated. Most JWs do not even realise that the WT deny that Yeshua is the Mediator for ALL MANKIND and teach that he is only the Mediator for the 144,000. That is why I always felt EMPTY when I went to Memorials, because I wanted to partake of the bread and wine.

So the WT actually keep their SUBJECTS away from the Lord Yeshua.

HE THAT KNOWS YESHUA KNOWS THE FATHER ALSO. WITHOUT YESHUA, THERE IS NO POINT TO ANYTHING. YESHUA IS GODS LOVE MADE MANIFEST TO SINFUL MANKIND

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit