Calling investment whiz's

by serendipity 4 Replies latest social current

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm looking at rebalancing my portfolio and am reading conflicting advice:

1. move out of small caps to large caps,

2. large caps will have a dull year,

3. minimize foreign investments,

4. markets in developing countries will do better than the US market.

This is enough to make me crazy. Who's investment advice do you trust?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sorry that I can not comment on the US market.

Investing is a gamble, no one can predict the future and hence the conflicting advise. Even a fund manager that does well one year will not necessarily do well the next. You need to find a fund with low fees and a good long term history. The other thing to consider is your age and how much risk you can cope with, that will determine your strategy, so it is hard to give advise without knowing that.

If you are doing it yourself diversification is important to minimise the risk.

• avishai
    avishai

Averaged out, real estate has significantly outperformed the stock market for the last 40 or so years.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Well, as you probable know the Money Managers, Brokers, Floor managers can manipulate the stock market NOT to mention the Fed. So what I do is watch the trend and go with the flo. If you want to be a short time trader...buy stocks that have very little shares as they are volatile and move fast one way or another. Watch the stock for a while before you buy to see how it moves. Buy low sell high. One company I follow for just as an example is BIDU...it fluctuates between 62 and low 70s monthly. Study the charts and see how the stock you have your eye on has acted in 3 months or even a year. Then there is the safe investments! Like TWX that pays a dividend with very little volatilty and it might even go up. LOL.....That's how I trade...I do alright.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Real estate

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit