Will the evolutionists save us from the coming catastrophe?

by abiather 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

“The Earth's magnetic field is in a weakening stage right now. Data collected this summer by a European Space Agency (ESA) satellite suggests the field is weakening 10 times faster than scientists originally thought. If the magnetic field weakens enough, then the Earth could be hit with dangerous amounts of solar radiation and cosmic rays ….”

(http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/10/21/earth-magnetic-field-could-flip-in-our-lifetime/

http://www.earthfiles.com/news-print.php?ID=2260&category=Science)

Now this news gives us some food for thought:

If the earth's magnetism is due to a permanent magnet it would have been destroyed by now since a permanent magnet gets destroyed by high temperature (and we know that the earth's core is too hot as compared to the earth's surface). Further, since the earth's magnetic field is of the value of 8x10 (to the power 22) ampere meter squared, which is a very large number, the earth magnetic field must be utilizing a very large supply of energy to keep this going. From where did this energy come in the first place? No scientist has reached any conclusion on this and it is a mystery for them. (There are different theories without conclusion.) 

The earth's magnetic field is due to an electric current circulating in the core of the earth. After this current started flowing, this current starts decaying as per Lenz's Law and it takes thousands of years to decay taking the earth's parameters into account. It is also found that the time taken for decay is proportional to the square of the radius. Hence when calculated, the dying out takes a few thousand years only and not millions of years. Now it has also been discovered that there is about 810 megawatts of power being used by the earth's magnetic field which is equivalent to the production of a huge power plant on the earth. 

The evolutionists have been unable to answer the question of FROM WHERE THIS POWER HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS if their evolution theory is to be accepted. There is obviously a huge missing link somewhere.  The currents are still flowing but it is estimated that it is decaying at an annual rate of approximately about 5 percent.

This leads us to believe that the earth’s magnetic field is only a few thousand years old  and it will again revert back to its original state after a huge nuclear catastrophe even as the earth's axis will also change because of the huge nuclear explosions . The huge magnetic energy to the original state will be derived from the nuclear explosions.

That means history has been repeating:

appearance of civilization climaxed by a huge nuclear catastrophe,

again appearance of civilization climaxed by a huge nuclear catastrophe,

again appearance of civilization climaxed by a huge nuclear catastrophe …… ……………………………….

“What has been will be again,

what has been done will be done again;

there is NOTHING NEW under the sun.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9; 2:22)

• abiather
    abiather

Addendum:

Solution could be:

When materialism is taught in the schools, many would copy the spirit of Evolution Theory (survival of the fittest/mightiest, richest or whatever). ‘My desire should be fulfilled at any cost, no matter what happens to others’ would be the typical attitude most people would follow. ‘Thus we have the Governments we deserve.’ Result is the present system of things where the real rulers are LUST (overpopulating the world beyond its resources), ANGER (saturating the earth with weapons of mass destruction) and GREED (widening the gap between the rich and the poor—“the richest 1 per cent of humans own half the world’s assets,” according to Credit Suisse Report of October 2014) Even in religion, they are the rulers! Though outwardly spiritual, religions are actually materialistic encouraging adherents to seek MATERIAL blessings from God, thus making God a MEANS in materialistic system of things. Even JWs are no exception as they teach: “You get paradise if you take up our version of worship.”

Interestingly, great analytical minds such as Alexander Pope, Adam Smith, Neil Armstrong, Thomas Alva Edison, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Victor Hugo,Voltaire, Wernher von Braun, George Washington, Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi ………. believed that religions of this world are like water-tight compartments—they do not unite people, hence cannot be from God. Gandhi did not share the religious views of the world, because he declared: “A trader who earns his wealth by deception only succeeds in deceiving himself when he thinks that his sins can be washed away by spending some amount of his ill-gotten gains on the so-called religious purposes. For me, God and Truth are convertible terms, and if anyone told me that God was a god of untruth or a god of torture, I would decline to worship Him.” Gandhi thus declared invalid all religions which promise salvation to their believers in exchange of something material, which would, of course, be flagrant violation of omnipresent Law of Cause and Consequence—something God will never do!

All those great people with keen insight believed that God has given us REASON, not religion. Religions, in general, use fear and reward to keep the followers with them. Albert Einstein simply dismissed the very basis of all those religions when he said: "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." He did not believe that God of the universe has used any religion or scriptures: “I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations." (from Einstein and Religion by Max Jammer)

These great men were right. If religions were from God, they would have remained in harmony with each other and would have had scriptures that would not conflict with others! Hence those great men believed that THE NATURE is God’s unchangeable book which contains all the lessons mankind needs, if they are willing to learn. To mention a few:

1) SUN (whose nature is to give light and heat) teaches us to light up faces of ours and of others, and to do things that warm up others through our words and action.

2) TREES (which prepare food for others to enjoy life) teach us to do good for the sake of good.

3) RIVER (which is always on the move) teaches us not to be attracted or disturbed by the things of this world.

4) LAW OF CAUSE AND CONSEQUENCE teaches us to learn from past things and act carefully in the future.

The list goes on and on, making God’s role throughout the history unnecessary! When individual changes, the world changes. Individual can make his life a celebration if he chooses to live by the lessons found in the book of Nature!

• James Brown
    James Brown

Good post.

It will be like an airplane joke on this forum. 

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"Hence those great men believed that THE NATURE is God’s unchangeable book which contains all the lessons mankind needs, if they are willing to learn. To mention a few"

...........................................................................................................................

abiather - Your posts are well thought out and sincere. I am unable to grasp the concept of 'God' but able to appreciate the wonder and reality of nature. I see no connection between the two. I hope you find the answers you are seeking.

• cofty
    cofty

I haven't read your posts yet Abi but I will.

Could I just ask what the connection is between the regular reversal of the earth's magnetic pole - this isn't news - and the fact of evolution?

• cofty
    cofty
     the spirit of Evolution Theory (survival of the fittest/mightiest, richest or whatever). ‘My desire should be fulfilled at any cost, no matter what happens to others’ would be the typical attitude most people would follow. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Humans have become the most powerful species on the planet through cooperation.

Your ability to misunderstand evolution is astonishing.

• cofty
    cofty
    The evolutionists have been unable to answer the question of FROM WHERE THIS POWER HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS if their evolution theory is to be accepted.

Evolution has nothing to do with magnetism. That is a question for physicists and they understand it very well. It's just electrons doing their thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds to me  abiather  has bought into the insidious fear mongering the WTS produced to draw attention to its litaterture .

He obviously tries to make mankind wrought with internal corruption throughout ..  ie governments etc.  

Yet he seems to miss the point that humanity has made leaps and bounds to improve the living conditions for humanity.from the actual governments that he espouses are corrupt.

Unfortunately he seems to not take notice of the vile corruption of WTS publishing house, in its endeavor to proliferate its published goods.  He absorbed that organization's calculating misinformation whole heartily and dismisses the good that humanity has done for itself. 

The WTS. seems to be a magnet for mentally unbalanced individuals who live in a world of paranoia, reflectively not surprising since the WTS. constantly puts imagines of atomic bombs going off with the tittle Armageddon When?  on the front cover its magazines.     

• marmot
    marmot

"The evolutionists have been unable to answer the question of FROM WHERE THIS POWER HAS BEEN FLOWING FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS if their evolution theory is to be accepted."

Whaaa? This is gibberish. The earth's magnetic field has to do with relatively straightforward physics. Convection in the earth's molten metallic core creates electrical currents which in turn are responsible for the earth's magnetic field. If you took high school science you would know this and Michael Faraday discovered the principle behind it almost two hundred years ago. The polarity reversal of this field is nothing new and happens every few hundred millennia and can be easily verified in the rocks of the sea floor, where cooling magma solidifies and magnetic particles in the rock align themselves in whatever way the poles are currently facing. 

What the hell does this have to do with evolution? 

• Greener
    Greener

More of a concern regarding the ever decreasing output of energy from the sun in terms of sunspots and solar flux, is DECREASING global temperature.

There seems to be a direct correlation between global temperatures and low solar activity. The present solar cycle 24, flux numbers compare closely with cycle 5 and the mini Ice Age period known as the Maunder minimum from 1645-1715, and the Dalton minimum 1780-1845, where there were prolonged periods of very low solar activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit