CO Comments

by dothemath 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

The Circuit Overseer in a neighboring circuit has been telling audiences in his visits to the congregations the following:

The Governing Body feels that the massacre in Rwanda happened because Satan wanted to get at the Witnesses in that country.

I agree that Satanic influence could have been behind it..........but do you think the thousands of casualties were caused solely to affect the small minority of witnesses there?

I suppose it's the same logic that WW1 + WW2 happened to get at the remnant of the 144,000. Any comments on this?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    The Governing Body feels that the massacre in Rwanda happened because Satan wanted to get at the Witnesses in that country

Unbelievable - it's always about THEM isn't it.

• Spectre
    Spectre

After taking a bunch of evil psychology classes, I can call comments like those all kinds of names. Hmmmm....delusions of grandeur being the first that comes to mind.......

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

What is more unbelievable is the fact that this CO is supposedly asking these questions... it's only a matter of time before he is dismissed from his position. Unless of course, I am reading it wrong. I understand the entire paragraph to be what the CO is saying, yes?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Wonder if he has any backing from the Old Bodies (uh, I mean, the GB) on that one. If Satan wanted to get at the JW's in Rwanda, why didn't he just wait until a Sunday morning and then send his homies to the KH's in that country???

As AlmostAthiest stated, it's ALWAYS about them. Like the arrogance in claiming that the seven trumpets (or however many it was) of Revelation were fulfilled by seven assemblies in the 1920's......yeah, a book survives 2,000 years to prophesy about some 1920's gatherings of a religious group/cult of a few thousand people.....

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

....and don't even START me on WWII - didn't you know, the JW were the REAL persecuted not the Jews as the World is led to believe.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I suppose it's the same logic that WW1 + WW2 happened to get at the remnant of the 144,000. Any comments on this?

I've never heard that one.....imagine, 2 World Wars started just for them. Anyway, surely around 1914, 99.9% of the Remnant lived in New York so 'World War' would be a waste of man-power.

Was Archduke Ferdinand one of the Remnant? Lol

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It's stupefyingly ridiculous now to consider that ANYBODY does ANYTHING based on this cult. NO - ONE - CARES. But as a JW, it made me feel so powerful and privileged to be a part of a group that had such prominence in world history and such an impact on the world.

So gullible, OMG... :-(

Dave

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Unbelievable - it's always about THEM isn't it.

You bet... 9/11 Satan was aiming for US but Gawd managed to deflect them to the twin towers at the last second. I am sure they thought this.

Lets get out of New York while we have the time. The WT boys have a history of believing that anything important that happens is about them somehow.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMFG you have got to be kidding. What arrogance.

I've never heard this before. Sounds like someone is stretching things to find persecution.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit