Volcano!

by Seeking Knowledge 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Woo hoo..there is a volcano trying really hard to erupt in my state!! So cool..it's on an island by itself and is currently experiencing indigestion. Just thought I'd share....I don't look forward to the ash fallout or anything, but it's pretty exciting to see Mother Nature at work!

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Augustine.php

• xjwms
    xjwms

S K

are you in any danger of being hurt by this ?

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

No, I'm in Anchorage, this is about 355 or so miles southwest of us. This volcano is located on an uninhabited island. The most damage they are predicting is from ash fallout, but it doesn't seem to be alot of that yet, just steam....

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I know!!! Isnt it the coolest!!!

I've been watching that site every day, it seems that there will probably be more yet to come. I can imagine Homer is getting a hell of a show!

• skyman
    skyman

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Thanks

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Very welcome..I think it's pretty fascinating...from what I hear Homer hasn't got a whole lot yet, but they are nervous!! They are thinking tsunami's at the moment, they'd be affected....let's hope not! Where are you Effervescent?? Will you get any ash fallout?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Volcanos are awesome!!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Wow! I just saw that on the news last night. I am fascinated by volcano's. I live near Mt. Rainier, which could go anytime. We've been having the Lahar drills every couple of months. Its scary to hear those sirens!!!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I live up in the Interior, so I won't see any ash. I did see some fall back when Spur went, and that was a pretty cool event too.

My Mom lives in Whittier though, so if the winds shift I'll be curious to find out how much ash she'll see.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was living in Pullman, WA when Mt. St. Helens blew. We were about 250 miles down wind. The cloud was overhead by about 3 in the afternoon and it was pitch black by 5. As the ash fell, at times I couldn't see streetlights 50 yards away. We ended up getting about 8 tons per acre. Depth was hard to measure as it compressed over time. The next morning it was about half an inch thick.

Liquidsky (good name considering the weather lately): I now live in Kirkland, are you down by Orting or somewhere? You're right, not good if Rainier goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit