Stumped 'em!!!

by candysearching 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• candysearching
    candysearching

Greetings everyone!

I had a conversation (debate) with my disfellowshipped husband about "the truth" that he tries so hard to protect. Here it is:

Me: Hey, babe, can you tell me again why JW do not celebrate birthdays?

Hubby: Well, only two are mentioned in the Bible, and on both, men were killed.

Me: Well, Herod and Pharoah killed men whenever they felt like it right? No matter if it was their birthday or not.

Hubby: But the Bible doesn't say we should celebrate birthdays.

Me: It doesn't say we should drink coffee either, but JWs have no problems with that. What about voting and Christmas? Is there a scripture that says we shouldn't vote or celebrate Christmas?

Hubby: We don't vote, because we don't put our trust in worldly men.

Me: Except the Watchtower Society.

Hubby: That's different.

Me: Okay. Nevermind that tonight. If you feel that JW is the one "true" religion, which I feel is an oxymoron anyway, why are you not taking the proper steps to get reinstated?

Hubby: I don't know. I'll call my dad and ask him to look up the verses for you, though.

Dad-in-Law (telephone conversation with me)

Me: So did you find the scriptures that say we shouldn't celebrate birthdays? I don't want to be doing something that is condemned in the Bible.

DIL: You see, you're moving too fast. Trying to ingest too much food at once. Come over tomorrow and we'll discuss it.

Me: With all due respect, all I want to see is a Scripture saying "Don't celebrate your birthday, don't vote, don't celebrate Christmas, don't perform oral sex on your spouse."

DIL: We'll get to it tomorrow.

"Tomorrow" was yesterday. I haven't seen my DIL yet. I went to his house and he did not come home ALL DAY.

Think I stumped em.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

WTG!

I have the same experience with JW's that drift on to JWD now and again. They hold their beliefs quite strongly, they KNOW they're right, then you ask them a question they can't answer and they just disappear.

Dave

• slugga
    slugga
    Me: With all due respect, all I want to see is a Scripture saying "Don't celebrate your birthday, don't vote, don't celebrate Christmas, don't perform oral sex on your spouse."

*Imagines scene*

DIL sits candysearching down opens his bible turns to a scripture and says

"...And this is why you can't suck my sons cock"

lol

Sorry

Matt

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Oh man, you didnt really say the oral sex part did you?????????

• Rooster
    Rooster

If the celebration of one’s birthday were so wrong would not Jesus or one of his apostles have said to abstain from celebrating birthdays? So these two rules had people but to death at their birthday parties. They also ate food, drank wine, sang songs, danced, drank water, relaxed, blah blah blah. Are all these things now wrong to do because someone wicked did them? I think not!

As far as voting goes does it say in Titus 3: 1 Continue reminding them to be in subjection and be obedient to governments and authorities as rulers, to be ready for every good work. 5 There is therefore compelling reason for YOU people to be in subjection, not only on account of that wrath but also on account of [YOUR] conscience. 6 For that is why YOU are also paying taxes; for they are God’s public servants constantly serving this very purpose. 7 Render to all their dues, to him who [calls for] the tax, the tax; to him who [calls for] the tribute, the tribute; to him who [calls for] fear, such fear; to him who [calls for] honor, such honor.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

hahaha...that last part was a classic. What a lovely visual to leave with parents.

lisa

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    don't perform oral sex on your spouse."

I'm on the floor over here.

In-laws just love to hear stuff like that. Nothing shuts 'em up quicker.

• candysearching
    candysearching

Yep, the oral sex part embarrased my husband so bad! But hey, JWs already think anyone not int "the truth" is the of the devil anyway, right? So I can pretty much say anything without fear of looking bad. They'll just blame it on the fact that I'm not "in the truth".

(It's a legitimate question. Truth be told, I think that's the real reason my hubby doesn't wanna be a JW anymore. No more BJs)

• Clam
    Clam
    With all due respect, all I want to see is a Scripture saying "Don't celebrate your birthday, don't vote, don't celebrate Christmas, don't perform oral sex on your spouse."

I'm surprised there hasn't been some New Shite Light on the oral sex front. Those GB guys sure look like they'd benefit from some.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Being a long time JW, I don't know what oral sex is. When the Society says not to have oral sex do they mean to not TALK about it? My opinion is that it is not wrong to talk about sex thus oral sex is OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit