Did a lot of your health problems clear up after you left the JW?

by Check_Your_Premises 20 Replies latest jw friends

• slugga
    slugga

Grrrrr *Shakes Fist in a grumpy old man sorta way*

Lol

At least you didn't call it a skirt

Mac Matt

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My blood pressure went back to normal after I was out. I think that's pretty significant.

Frannie

• Balsam
    Balsam

There about 3 years before I left the witnesses, I was getting physically sick just before meetings. I could not explain it because it made no sense to me that I was getting sick. I was in serious denial. Then one day I realized I was not sick any other time except when I had to go to meetings. If I made plans early in the day to not go, I would not get sick. I know the pressure was making me sick, and I was totally stressed trying to raise my three sons and put up with an abusive JW husband. Then meetings on top of that telling me I had to be submissive to men.

When I left and stopped all meetings I began to heal, and my health returned. I feel good now, other than leg problems I've had all my life. No more emotional pressures.

Balsam

• Highlander
    Highlander

As an active JW I was always dealing with depression and taking Zoloft.

As an Inactive JW I am extremely happy now, I no longer take meds and my self esteem is at a healthy level.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Wow. I wonder if there's a way of telling dubs we know their health problems could be caused by the stress of "Jehovah".

Ok not that blatant. Maybe if we can think of a way of showing them a correllation between being in a high-pressure, high-fear environment and health conditions. Just thinking...

• ferret
    ferret

My constant depression disappeared and has not returned for twenty five years.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Much, much healthier now. My nerves were totally shot when I was in the Witnoids. I never drink to excess now. I'm starting to become a productive member of society.

GBL

• blondie
    blondie

Some health problems are caused by stress, but then to think that leaving the WTS would eliminate all stress is not realistic.

My health problems were not caused or aggravated by stress nor are they psychological so stay pretty much the same and will get worse as time goes on. Not all depression is situationally caused either but is genetic. Not that being in the WTS will mean that you get the treatment you need.

Too many JWs are told to hope for the new system, rather than get ye to a doctor.

Blondie

• Es
    Es

Mine actually increased once leaving for a while there, all due to depression and stress but now im all good

es

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Too many JWs are told to hope for the new system, rather than get ye to a doctor.

*** w94 12/15 p. 20 A Health Test for You? ***

In recent years many people have turned to "alternative" diagnostic techniques and treatments. This is basically an area for personal decision. (Matthew 7:1; compare Romans 14:3, 4.) It would, of course, be sad if any Christian became so preoccupied with controversial health issues that these overshadowed the ministry, which is the one sure way to save lives. (1 Timothy 4:16) The Bible does not say that in the new world sickness will be cured and perfect health achieved through medical approaches, herbs, diets, or holistic regimens. Actually, full healing will be brought about only by means of forgiveness of sin on the basis of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 22:1, 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit