God does exist here is my nonbiblical reason:

by Curious Kitten 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Well, what an interesting read from start to finish! You know what, if I'd ever experienced anything like that it would probably have swayed me into an unwavering belief in a higher power. As it stands, I'm a 40 years born in jdubya who has prayed intensely, repeatedly, for clarification, knowledge, wisdom, a sign, ANYTHING, but received naff all.

You made it here dudess, good for you, I reckon you'll be just fine! Dodged a bullet there!

• MisterP
    MisterP
    You may find the research of Dr. Rick Strassman of interest. He did the only clinical trails of DMT in america back in the 1990's, and his conclusions are pretty amazing, I won't give the game away, I'll let you look it up. He's written a book called "The Spirit Molecule", and a documentary film of the same name has been made. This is all peer reviewed science.... no new age mumbo jumbo
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I am 71 years old.......... out of the JW world for 48 years with my lovely wife. Our son and grandchildren live a mile away and we see them multiple times a week. No one in my family is a surviving witness except a niece. She was born 7 years after my wife and I faded from the 'truth', it was a slightly different truth back then by the way.........and she shuns us......so go figure.

What you probably experienced back then is 'transcendence'........ which is described as an existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level. It can be triggered by drugs, music, poetry, a sublime landscape, smells, food, great wine etc. In my case I can experience a mild transcendence when standing in a wonderful trout stream shaking a stick (fishing pole). I practice catch and release........ killing a fish kills the buzz of 'all's right with the world'.

Considering that our bodies are made up of atoms that came from the stars I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

It sounds to me that you have had to work through a lot in your short life time. It sounds like you are smart enough to realize you probably could use a bit of therapy and that you have 'need's' mostly people in your life who will love you and accept you. You can't run to people for that love.........you have to lead people to you by caring about them.

That's what I have learned in my 71 years.

God? Who knows what's out in the universe. I am not going to say if a god exists or not. I will say that it seems that god's natural language is silence and everything else has been a bad translation.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    He's written a book called "The Spirit Molecule", and a documentary film of the same name has been made. This is all peer reviewed science.... no new age mumbo jumbo

Books and documentaries aren't peer reviewed science.

I will say that it seems that god's natural language is silence and everything else has been a bad translation.

I am absolutely stealing that line.

• millie210
    millie210

Giordano this was absolutely awe inspiring. You brought me to tears and I want to copy this to my personal journal if it is ok (crediting you of course).

Giordanoa day ago

I am 71 years old.......... out of the JW world for 48 years with my lovely wife. Our son and grandchildren live a mile away and we see them multiple times a week. No one in my family is a surviving witness except a niece. She was born 7 years after my wife and I faded from the 'truth', it was a slightly different truth back then by the way.........and she shuns us......so go figure.

What you probably experienced back then is 'transcendence'........ which is described as an existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level. It can be triggered by drugs, music, poetry, a sublime landscape, smells, food, great wine etc. In my case I can experience a mild transcendence when standing in a wonderful trout stream shaking a stick (fishing pole). I practice catch and release........ killing a fish kills the buzz of 'all's right with the world'.

Considering that our bodies are made up of atoms that came from the stars I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

It sounds to me that you have had to work through a lot in your short life time. It sounds like you are smart enough to realize you probably could use a bit of therapy and that you have 'need's' mostly people in your life who will love you and accept you. You can't run to people for that love.........you have to lead people to you by caring about them.

That's what I have learned in my 71 years.

God? Who knows what's out in the universe. I am not going to say if a god exists or not. I will say that it seems that god's natural language is silence and everything else has been a bad translation.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thank you Viviane and Millie.......... Steal away.

"Silence is the language God speaks and everything else is a bad translation."

Thomas Keating

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thank you for your post Giordano.

(And the quote.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit