Lurkers:How To Leave The Organization Quietly And Discreetly

by metatron 22 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I didn't realize it at the time, but I did the fade. I had to work more nights, and then meeting nights. I asked to be relieved of ministry school assignments for the holiday season, as I was working so many extra hours. It helped here in that my mom was one of those "needy" ones, and I was seen as "the good son". I'd often show up at meeting in my work uniform just to put in an appearance.

We then moved, not to far away but to a new hall. I also at the time got into an expensive time consuming hobby: poultry.

Then my health did deteriorate, and we moved 200+ miles away.

Looking back at it all, I was trying to actually dissapear and I was aware of that to a degree, it just seemed that the plan unfolded as needed. At this point I was already working on a time line to come out to my family, find a partner, and just enjoy the last few years before armagedon.

Thankfully, my best friend jump started the faith killing process and freed me of that, and my sister later outed me because she was mad at me. I am so thankful for these last two events as they really made me get going.

And now here I am, still working to create the life I want.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

If I could do it all again... I wouldn't do the fade or DS. I'd like to the one thing no one ever seems to think of: Say you're annointed. I'd love to give that a go, I mean the possibilities are endless. The only draw back is you might end up running the JW show, rather than freeing up your Thursday evening.
    It would be nice to swan about the KH, saying "oh, you wouldn't really understand, only those of us with a heavenly hope can... don't worry your little 'earthly hoping' head about it - get on an' shine my shoes, oh and I'm out of bread and wine... chop chop".

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

That's given me an idea for a new topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit