Happy but sad E Mail...

by Snoozy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well..I have a computer now..Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son (42) just received an E amil from one of his and my deceased Hubby's old Model Airplane club's buddies..

I pulled it up and just started bawling..

Hubby got sick so fast he didn't have time to finish building a model airplane for one of the guys in the club. So one of the guys in the club bought all hubby's equipment and airplanes and trailer to haul them in. (Big planes)

Well he just sent my son a E mail and included a picture of the finished airplane.My son forwarded it to me.

.The kicker was printed on the tail ....." In memory of Bill ****(Last name). It was so heart warming to have someone remember!...And yet it was so sad to remember all the fun we had with the club and the guys.It's all gone now. I am crying as I write this ..just had to share and my heart goes out to other's on the board that has lost loved ones...

If I can figure out how I will put it on the computer..

Snoozy....

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Welcome Snoozy... you poor little thing... Its when people do things like that, so simple, yet so meaningful that can really set you off. I would love to see the pic.

Hang in there.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Snoozy

That is so cool that they did that in memory of your husband. Bittersweet eh? I hope you feel better & once you figure out how to post a picture, we'd love to see it!

SK

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Welcome to the board!

I teared up as I read your post and I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'd love to see those photos when you get them up.

Curlygirl

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Snoozy)))

• Es
    Es

big hugs snoozy and a big welcome.

That was really nice of the club to do that.

We are here for you

es

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Thank you all..I'm still trying to figure out how to post the picture. I actually come here all the time..but as Golden Girl..I just signned on thinking my screen name here was the same as other boards ..Snoozy..and it took..so I guess I will keep using it so I will be consistent!..

I posted this because I came here a lot when hubby was diagnosed and all through his treatment and death..a short 5 months..that was 3 years ago Feb. 5...so it hit me pretty hard.

I was just so happy to hear from one of his friends..It warmed my heart..almost like hubby was saying HI!...

Thanks again..Snoozy..aka..Golden Girl..

• serendipity
    serendipity

(((snoozy)))

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Ah, snoozy. That's really touching. It's amazing how considerate and kind people can be, isn't it?

If you email me the picture, I'll post it for you. If you'd like, email it to [email protected]

Dave

• myself
    myself

((((((((((Snoozy))))))))) Welcome Back!!!!!

I would love to see the picture too. Just be careful the whole name doesn't show up if you don't want it there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit