Is there any way I can just “cream skim” the “Truth”????

by HiddenQuestioner 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

HiddenQuestioner, or HQ for short (enjoyed abbreviating your name - tempted to go a step further & alter it to Bethel )

But seriously, I think you should give your plan a try, but adjust it as time goes by, stay flexible. Personally, never having been a JW but having been something similar, the biggest issue would be field service. I could not live with myself if I converted anyone directly or indirectly to the JW religion. Perhaps you could think that one through a bit more.

Confession always gives good advice, see earlier in this thread. I agree with him that whatever you do, you should continue to research the real truth about the truth. What research have you done so far? If you tell us what you have read we could perhaps suggest some more reading.

As a start, I would suggest: In Search of Christian Freedom, by Ray Franz, (Commentary Press) which will make you want to read Crisis of Conscience by same author. Then there is a book that doesn't mention JWs so is not apostate, but did a brilliant job of opening my mind - What the Bible Really Teaches by Keith Ward.

I wish you well, please keep in touch.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don't think that you are the only one in this situation . I wonder if your wife can be any more committed than my own? Believe me it is not easy, and I accept that my current state of being an "Inactive publisher" has caused her some sadness and inconvenience - and I am sorry for that.

But .. I could not live a lie. I had to stop. Let me explain how. .... I felt that I could not stop immediately , without getting too many impossible questions. So there was a period of backing down, and yes in that time I did some hypocritical things, but only for so long.. After a certain time of "Spiritual sickness" .. I stopped reporting for good .Maybe our elders are useless, but I have had almost no interest in me, let alone pressure to return.

I expected my wife to respond just as you expect yours to, but in fact it has not been that bad. We still debate of course and life at home is not what it could be, but...we get by.

I attend some meetings, only when she goes on a Sunday, or if she needs a hand to go to an assembly. I cannot sing, the words would stick in my throat . I never comment.- certainly I would never contribute money.. I just park my backside on a chair and let it pass over me.

That is me. each one has to what they see as best . very good luck to you, HQ.. Join the club of unbelieving husbands!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit