Daughter let a JW in

by Emma 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

I just realized that they'll probably send an English speaker, won't they? She'll give them a good run for their money; she's been waiting to confront someone.

• kristyann
    kristyann

Yeah, I kind of was wondering if there is some type of catalog or whatever, too... because JWs used to come to my house all of the time. But then I started dating my boyfriend, whose family is still in the organization (they blame me for him not being a JW anymore even though he wasn't one years before he met me). Since then, we've only gotten pamphlets in the door once. And one time, my boyfriend's "mother" was driving by my family's house. This was when my boyfriend still talked to his family (he no longer does). He asked his "mother" why she had been driving slooooowly past my family's house, and she said she was showing one of her "friends from the hall" where her son's girlfriend lived.... what do you think of that?

• Emma
    Emma

I think wierdness runs in cults.

Seriously, they have so little to do, at least the ones who don't work. Gossip and sticking their noses in where don't belong are regular activities. My mom and sister love gossip. Other people are the only thing they have to talk about. How many times can you rehash the same old wt article?

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't the WTS having a pile of trouble in France with having to pay taxes on Donations™? I'd be interested to find out how the WTS is making any money over there these days.

Emma... your daughter could have some fun with the JWs.... when the French speaking dubs show up, she could say she only speaks English... and when the English speaking dubs show up... say she doesn't speak English, only Spanish. Then when the Spanish dubs show up... LOL you get the idea.

JW preaching work = Wasting time in 152 languages.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Emma, ok. LoL, that`s so weird, that they probably have "file" on me. "Horribly, ungodly apostate living at this adress, Apostate street 666". ha ha

• Emma
    Emma

Scully, i think your suggestion would be right up her alley! She's such an actress sometimes. As classes begin she'll be very busy and will probably tell them to get the h*** out of her face. (Tact not being a strong point.)

Hellrider, I don't know about the kind of files they keep but they are very afraid of apostates! If you've in any identified yourself as one, they'll probably stay clear of your address! I wouldn't have gotten within 20 feet of one back when I was in. But there was always a morbid curiousity, too. How could they be happy, smiling, not afraid of jehovan???

• greendawn
    greendawn

In France the government doesn't recognize them as a religion but only a cult, they were smart and soon realised their true nature. The FDS was upset because he lost on tax, he had to pay many arrears, and had pay social security for the Bethel staff. They went all the way to the European Court to get the religion status from the French but they failed.

• moshe
    moshe

I've never had JW's come to my home since we moved here 4 years ago. The former owners were Jewish ,just like us. I figure they have a special note for our address on their territory card. I did talk to two young Mormon women down the street one day this fall. They were raking the leaves for a lady who had shown them some interest. They were from Utah doing their Mission thing for us here in Indiana. Does anyone else need some free chores done? At least you get some material benefits from a Mormon Bible study!
    peace,
    Moshe

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They have some sort of catalogue system, right?

Yes.

They call it being guided by the angels.

I say the angels that are guiding the dubs are the ones mentioned in Jude 6.

• Emma
    Emma

Please give us the quote.

If you don't use it, you loose it. I've lost it.

Emma

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit