Ziplock Omelets

by Lady Lee 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

While I was looking for a place for the experiment I found this recipe

Ziplock Omelets

Haven't tried this but sounds like fun. Got this from a friend, "gonna" give it a try, sure would be an easy way to please everybody!!!!!!

"ZIPLOC OMELETS" Have you ever heard of this? (This works great! Good for when all your family is together & no one has to wait for their special omelet). Have guests write their name on a quart-size ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (lg or extra-lg) into the bag not more than 2) shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, tomato, salsa, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag & shakes. Make sure to get the air out of the bag & zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags & the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

Nice to serve with fresh fruit & coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process & a it's a great conversation piece.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats neat!

healthier too, not fried in butter .......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm butter...............

• JeffT
    JeffT

I think I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Make sure you use the heavy duty freezer bags. The sandwich bags will melt in the hot water

• avishai
    avishai

My trick for omelets? I stick 'em on the burner for about 30 se. just ot get the bottom cooked, then I stick them under the broiler for about 3 min. Perfect every time, and they never stick in my cast iron.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

that's a nice idea, but won't they stick at the bag ?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    that's a nice idea, but won't they stick at the bag ?

I really don't know. I guess I will have to try it and see. Which means I need to buy those bags Avi that sounds interesting but I don't have a cast iron pan any more

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks Lee. I'm gonna try that this week. My wife and I just started the Atkins diet... again.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• under74
    under74

ziplock bags are thick heavy duty plastic and so I would see this not sticking at all.....although I can also seeing it not being neat and pretty.

I don't know....I like a little olive oil and butter....I just wait till those bubbles start to come up.....put the cheese and whatever else in, fold cook around 2 minutes longer, remove from pan...let sit 2 minutes and it's good.

• simplesally
    simplesally

This would be fun for Teryn to make!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit