Blanket Bomb Or Snipe?

by hillary_step 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Hillary;

Anyway, we can beg to differ and hopefully still work the same land.

I can't see no reason why, my friend. The fact that we disagree on a subject, doesn't mean we can't work together - or learn to know each other. I don't know you, and you don't know me. But after some discussions I'm sure we will both know each other a lot better.

I believe what we really disagree upon is to free liars and cheats for all blame. As AlanF mentioned, there is a huge degree of willingness here, and even though I do not forget about the power of mind control and manipulation, I simply don't feel that is an excuse good enough. If a person is lying, and know he/she is lying, that person is a liar. It's not any more difficult than that.

We can discuss up one wall and down another WHY the person do lie, but the fact remains the same. The person lied, and you simply can't trust people who would lie whenever they see that practical.

I have never said "all JWs" are one or the other, as to human beings. Black and white thinking is utter idiotic, and a weapon used by all sects and cults, religious or political. But this black and white thinking also interfere with other parts of life - as we see here in this thread. Why should I be "nice" telling a person he's a liar? Maybe he will feel better about it, but I simply don't give a damn if he feels better or worse. What is important to me is that what I do say is actually the truth!

The truth may be harsh, and I certainly don't always find it amusing to be remainded of some idiotic things I have done. But, I did them, and if I can't take being told so, I better stop doing things like that!

If you look at the history of the Watchtower Observer, you will find lots of interesting things. Most websites uses quite another language than I do, we agree on that. But the fact that my language has irritated the shit out of quite a few people have made them so pissed off they wanted to prove the FACTS wrong as well!

Many of these people, my friend, are not JWs any more! I have got many mails during the years proving that.

So, I guess we could say there is more than one road leading to Rome....

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Kent,

Thank you for your response in which you note :

If you look at the history of the Watchtower Observer, you will find lots of interesting things. Most websites uses quite another language than I do, we agree on that. But the fact that my language has irritated the shit out of quite a few people have made them so pissed off they wanted to prove the FACTS wrong as well! Many of these people, my friend, are not JWs any more! I have got many mails during the years proving that.

Yes, I guess that there is more than one way to skin a cat ( Sorry Fred ). There are many who should thank you for your hard work over the years, and this I personally do to you now and I also wish you the very best.

Keep smiling -- HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit