More hypocrisy??

by jambon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon
    jambon

Something that always bothered me when I was in the org, did anyone else feel the same?

Right, they say its bad for jw`s to go to uni/college? (i know they changed the tack for a while, but thats essentialy the `law` now)

What always struck me was that whenever a JW becomes ill, needs a lawyer etc, he will want the services of a doctor/nurse or lawyer. So if these professional people, who will save our life with outstanding medical attention etc did`nt go to uni/college, how would anyone be available to give them required attention??

It always struck me as hypocrisy.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Jambon,

I had never thought of but it is a good point. I went to uni doing commerce and was told so many times that Jehovah wont need accountants in the New System that i started to almost believe it. But i ended up with over 100 JW clients in this system.

It is a classic example of short term thinking syndrome.

• carla
    carla

I have brought this up many times to my jw, never seems to have an answer. Just changes the subject or says, 'I'm sure there are some jw doctors, lawyers, etc... The same could be true if their house was robbed, who do they call? A gun toting cop.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yeah, and when they need a blood fraction they will take it, but will not donate it for others.

• carla
    carla

Don't forget when their house is burning they call those evil flag saluting firemen.

• Clam
    Clam

Jambon it is odd yes. They should be encouraging education and even maybe helping with scholarships. Surely it doesnt make sense to have a heirarchy which are all ex pioneer window cleaners?

Two reasons I can think of. Firstly they worry that kids in higher education are going to be led astray. Secondly they want people plugging their magazines NOW.

P.S Oh and of course they anticipate an imminent global holocaust. Forgot about that.

• Rooster
    Rooster

The Switchtower Babble & Trick Society is full of lies and deceit.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

They might not need lawyers in their so called new system but they sure as hell need em right now lol

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit