Dr.Phil's Show on Marriage and those looking for Love- Is Anyone Watching ?

by prophesariah 11 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Does anyone want to hear what I have to say about women?

Or am I so way off I should shut up?

Better yet, dont tell me and I'll just voluntarily shut up.

I for one, Anewme, would love to hear your take on the situation. Though I don't necessairilly agree with your statement about men thinking of sex 24/7, I think a more rational idea, at least for me would be about 90% percent of the time, which would place 24/7 thinking as it pertains to a week about 6.5 days a week

There are definitive needs that you single out that men require, and you are right in many respects. Respect is paramount. We do need to know that our opinions and decisions are respected. Even if you never agree with them or have a problem with them, we as men really need to know that our partner respects us.

We are fixers, we do try to open up our psychological, mental and emotional toolboxes when you bring to us problems that may be causing you concern.

You sound as if you're familliar with the teachings of the book, " Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus " We speak as if an entirely different language, men as opposed to women, and when we learn the intricate language, the needs that we both have a the vast differences between us, we can come to be better at living with and living for our lovers, spouses and friends.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

ANEWME's post sounds like it comes straight out of any Christian based marriage book, including Jehovah's Witnesses:

Does anyone want to hear what I have to say about women?

Or am I so way off I should shut up?

You've already said it. Women are to cater to men's every whim and desire.

You'd probably forget to mention that women also like to be respected. We like our ideas, opinions and feelings to be listened to and respected. Sometimes our men get depressed or preoccupied and lose interest in sex which can be just as unpleasant for us. Yes, it happens in reverse.

In a good relationship, both adults are treated as adults and there is mutual respect and good communication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit