What if Tyrannosaurus Rex still existed?

by AlmostAtheist 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Zach (my 7 year old) and I were playing with his dinosaurs last night. He has a 2 foot long rubber t-rex with huge teeth and claws. I turned it to him, opened the mouth wide, and said "roar!". He looked visibly shaken by it (which was not, of course, my intention [seriously! {No, I mean it!}]) and even said, "Dad, that scared me."

We talked a little about these things. Never alive at the same time as man. As tall as our house. Head the size of Mom's jeep. Weighing tons, 3 times as heavy as Mom's jeep. Stomping around, stomp, stomp, stomp.

(Interestingly, he asked, "Were there monkeys when the dinosaurs existed?" I'd never thought about that before! After I thought about it for a moment, I realized there couldn't have been, so I told him no.)

He wasn't scared any more, so I dropped it. But I had to wonder...

What would it be like if they still existed? What would we do? Would we try to kill them all off? Would we cordone them into some fenced area? If so, how?

We'd have to do something. We couldn't let them run around free or it would be impossible to live safely.

BTW, the size and fearsomeness of these things absolutely confirms they didn't exist in Bible days. Nobody mentioned this bugger, but they thought an alligator was worth bringing up?

Dave

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I think they would be killed off to the brink of extinction, and the remaining ones would live in only remote areas.

They probably would be like any modern day super-predator, like lions, grizzly, tigers.

There would some crazed aussie, wearing ball-crusher shorts, running around in some sort of armored vehicle, saying, "crikey!".

And every once in awhile some poor bastard would be at the wrong place in the wrong time.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    What would it be like if they still existed? What would we do? Would we try to kill them all off? Would we cordone them into some fenced area? If so, how?

We'd have to do something. We couldn't let them run around free or it would be impossible to live safely.

They'd be killed off. Then since I'm sure their skin is tough enough turned into luggage or Super Mega T-Rex glue for solar cars.

or not.

meagan

• Clam
    Clam
    There would some crazed aussie, wearing ball-crusher shorts, running around in some sort of armored vehicle, saying, "crikey!".

LOL. Stevie Irwin I suppose you mean? Saying "you're alright mate" to a T.Rex.

Wasn't there an odd group of creationists around once who though that Dinosaurs were on another ark? Supposedly there was a big on-board scrap and the thing sank?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

alt

"Ah piddy da fool protomammal that crosses my path!"

-- Mr. T-Rex

• forsharry
    forsharry

well then...I think all of us would be in a little bit of trouble, now wouldn't we? :)

::envisions kids playing out on the street corner...suddenly screaming breaks out, pandemonium ensues...T.Rex comes roaring down the street, scooping up kids, cars, mailboxes, jehovah's witnesses with their razory maws, blood and mail splattering everywhere, everyone screaming. What a riot::

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Not without good reason do we conclude that Tyranosaurus Rex preferred to dine on baby bok choy sauted with a bit of garlic..." -- AWAKE! article, yet to be printed

• Scully
    Scully

Who remembers this guy?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Scully,

Is that the fabled Knorrasaurus, said to reside inside the covers of early mistranslations of the Bible?

Or perhaps I've confused it with the Franzasaurus. I'll ask Zach.

Dave

• Mary
    Mary

I remember him Scully! Wasn't he Fred Flinstone's pet Dino?

Personally, I'd build a park with electrified fences and enclose all of the dinosaurs in there for our amusement and I'd offer tours in open jeeps through there. Then I'd hire a fat computer man with a greedy nature and give him access to the security of the park. And then I'd just sit back and let nature take it's course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit