JW's and the lottery

by cheen 32 Replies latest jw friends

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I won a small lottery it enabled me to not work for a couple of years, travel Africa and Europe. Parents had alway taught me not to buy raffle tickets and so I used to give a donation. One woman insisted on giving me a ticket. Mum and Dad didn't say a word. My picture made it to the local paper. I guess I was no longer used as an example on how people are bad and have a hard life when they leave the "toof"

• Dune
    Dune

I've had daydreams where i win like $500 million the first time i play after leaving the WTBS. lol.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    It didn't occur to either one of us that some judicial action was necessary. I think that indicates how low on the radar this "sin" is among dubs.

funnily enough, the last judicial committee that I was involved in was on this very topic. The erring one had, I was told, been buying scratch cards. In the UK it is a popular gamble to buy these cards which have lucky numbers revealed if you scratch off the coating. Anyway , during the discussion it yurned out that all he had done was make a small charity donation which gave you a lucky number card as a thank you. Hardly a big time high roller ! In order to not look silly I kept up the serious tone and we duly counselled him , but made apoint of how serious this was viewed..

All seems such a waste of time now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit