Any Active JW's here!

by isaias4u2nv 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

Active witness here. I do the whole nine, 17 hour field service average a month, Microphones, Watchtower reading, Sound System, Attendant, Two parts at conventions and assemblies. Was being considered for MS until i started going to college.

2006 may or may not be my last year as a witness. However, it'll be the last year i'll be in my current congregation. I guess despite all that i know, i'm hoping that i can hit that "jackpot" congregation with great people that will overshadow all the bad (i know i'm clutching straws). Just looking for the smoothest transition i guess.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

hey dune,

I was exactly in your situation 8 years ago. Actually recommended by the elders for MS at the congregation where I went to college (ripe old age of 19). CO nixed it, since I was automatically a bad example. This was 1997. Found H20, and was "completely faded" by end of 1998.

Smoothest way to trasition: faded my friend

silent

• Trojan
    Trojan

Like what? What would you like to know?

Difficult to provide very pinpointed information...putting my head on the line. Difficult, but not impossible...

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Well what specific info you can and are able to provide is only known to you....

What do ya got?

CYP

• sherrid
    sherrid

Yes, Mr. Elder, dude, WHAT IS SO DANGEROUS AND THAT YOU CAN'T REVEAL................????????

I've come to this web page for answers i can't get anywhere else. Mrs. Jones is right, i DO NOT need the "Org" to forgive me of my sins, so why do i have to keep going to meetings and wait for THEM TO DECIDE whether or not to re-instate me? How long do i have to play this game?? Can't i stay home and be ignored and have nobody around, except a few close friends, who really care about what goes on in my life???

I prayed about all of this while i was in JAIL, which was a night mare straight from HELL, as the saying goes, but i never thought that "Christian Love" or the love of Jehovah God and his forgiveness would KEEP ME OUT of the very place i wanted to run to in the first place................

None of this is scriptural...................like i said, if i want to be alone, i can go home, and read the bible.................. I"m NOT going to wait forever for the Elders to re-instate me; i've already submitted my letter, over a month ago, and not a word, since..................And my son, i do want him taught Bible principals; but i'm at a serious loss to explain to him why Mommy can't talk to the other people in the Kingdom HAll, or why they can't come and Study the bible with us to help us grow, spirtually..................

THIS IS SCRIPTURAL???? i really don't think so....................

• Dimples
    Dimples
    If you know jehovah or God has forgiven you why do you need THEM to?

Amen! My thinking exactly.

DIMPLES

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome Sherrid,

No, you don't need to be reinstated. Forget them. You need to forget all about your status with this tiny little club of children that get together to play religion thrice a week. Go and live and enjoy your life. Explore your personal faith.

There is such a diversity of faiths here on this board, I'm sure a little poking around can get you rolling in the direction you want to go.

Nice to have you aboard!

Dave

• Dune
    Dune

There is a diversity of faiths here. But if i ever do manage to fade/leave/DA'd/DF'd. I think nihilism would be the best course for me.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

WoW. I dunno.. hearing that some on here are actually still elders and everything...that's a bit much for me.

So when they have to sit at judicial meetings and stuff I mean don't any of you feel a tad bit hyprcritical? Just wanting to get your input

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I've been PMed by a couple active JWs on this site, but they've yet to show up...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit