Circut Assembly 2006 Notes, Part 1

by drew sagan 20 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    11:35 – Dedication and Baptism

You'll have to clarify for me: Was this your response or the response of those being baptised.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

No matter how much you do, it's never enough to please "Jehovah's Organization."

I love the comments about college. There's no "spiritual atmosphere" at my place of employment either, does that mean I can't go there? College is a waste? I think not. What else would you expect from a pack of window washers in suits?

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

My sincere condolences to you for having to sit through all that drivel.

People are responding. Yeah, that 0% increase is really impressive.

We may not be saved if we aren't preaching (not their words of course, but it was implied). Do these people even own a bible? Eph. 2:8,9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Gal. 2:21 - I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly Acts 15:10.11 - Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.

“No matter how large and important the religions of this world appear, they are not qualified to give a door step study in the require brochure. (WTF????). He says other religions aren't qualified yet most clergy have college degrees and studied theology for a number of years before attempting to teach other people. What qualifications do JWs have? Window washing? Mopping floors? The ability to be easily manipulated? My dog has a better education than most JWs.

11:35 – Dedication and Baptism I always hated this part. Same talk, same song, same questions year after year.

Jehovah dignifies us with assignments in the organization Sounds rather masochistic doesn't it?

Would Jesus yell and scream at the Bride Class to preach the good news? No! he lovingly has assisted them - Do as I say, not as I do.

Fulfill assignments in the School and Service meeting. , Report Field service regularly and on time. - Where in the Bible does it say to do this?

Attend the full program at conventions. - It always pissed me off how Witnesses were expected to take time off from work, spend money to travel, stay at a hotel, buy meals, pay for parking and then give a contribution. If you want to attend a convention and have the means to do it, fine. But I don't think it's very loving to force it on people who may already have financial hardships. It's cruel and inconsiderate.

Contributions to the world wide work, Watchtower legal fund

Because a bad impression is already in the minds of many regarding Jehovah's Witnesses, Gee, I wonder why? What are people supposed to think of a religion that demands it's members shun relatives that don't agree with JW teachings, lets children die rather than give them blood and lets pedophile have leadership positions? If they want to change peoples impression of them, they need to change their practices.

People in the world don't have discipline. - I just love blanket generalizations.

Did that education make us a better person?NO! - It helped make me a better person.

College is a waste - Tell that to your future employer

Binge drinking, sex, parties. - Damn, I must be going to the wrong school. I've never had any of that in my classes.

Evolution is taught there! - Oh the horror!!! I love it when people talk about things they obviously have no knowledge of. Evolution was covered briefly in the 7th grade (for those not in the US - 11 and 12 year olds). I have never had a class on evolution in college. I guess this idiot doesn't realize that you get to pick your classes in college. I took Chemistry for my science credits.

Jehovah's Organization is an educational Organization - My super-dub brother once told me how great it was that he learned how to operate a forklift at the assembly hall. The way he carried on you would've thought he just earned a PhD. I should mention that my brother is 26, still lives at home and is unemployed.

Here's how I'd sum up Saturday -

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'd never go back but, I'm always curious to know what's going on.

• luna2
    luna2
    “No matter how large and important the religions of this world appear, they are not qualified to give a door step study in the require brochure.

Hmmm, like is this a goal of any of the "large and important religions of the world"? I'll be the Catholics and the Muslims are just wailing and gnashing their teeth because they aren't "qualified" to use the WTS's second-rate literature to have these impressive door-step studies.

What a completely senseless statement. LOL

• deeskis
    deeskis
    2:55 – Discipline Yourself to Meditate Properly.

Discipline is something we should all want. We need spiritual conversation. People in the world don't have discipline. 3 Points. 1. Meditation draws us closer to Jehovah. We have to think. People in territory know some about the Bible but they don't really know. We need DEEP medition. When we read personalize the account. Picture yourself there. 2. New Personality, it will change us. Refine ourselves 3. Meditation helps us to comment at meetings. Not word for word out of the paragraph.

They really stressed hard in this talk about how we need to visualise the account in the Bible. I feel they stress this more than critical thinking and REAL STUDY because they don't want anybody actually getting any ideas. They tell them just to visualise the account, keep their study simple.

Whoa!!

have i got confused or was there new light on this that i never heard about.

I thought meditation was not allowed because it left your mind open to being taken over by the devil

I remember my auntie (spiritually weak at the time!) doing yoga, and my parents being negative about that because it involved meditation!?!

or is this a different type of meditation?

D

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks. The new personality has nothing to do with there program. It has to do with the Christ, nothing else.

Blueblades

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

People in the world don't have discipline. - I just love blanket generalizations.

HA! That's right! We shouldn't be so surprised when most JW people who appear on this board use this kind of generalizations!lol (Note I said "most JWs", don't wan't to fall into the same trap!)

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for your notes there, looking forward to the next installment! The point about generalisations was a good one, how they love to 'tar' one and all with the same brush, and yet the reality is so very different

Arnie

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lol,you poor,poor Man having to sit through all that.Even some of the sayings and Jw speak are giving me a headache ("sad to say"anyone?)

No matter how early i went to bed the night before a Circuit Assambley,no matter how many hours sleep i had,i always drifted off within about half hour of the opening song and prayer!Even when i was totally devout.Always the same..far easier to switch off and doze.

Mind numbing crap.

• steve2
    steve2

Doesn't the program demonstrate how totally into impression management the Watchtower is? So, when they speak about "putting on" the new personality, I get a picture of people putting it on like they would new clothes. Ah, how great it feels to swish around in new threads! Not very deep or transforming at all though - just enough to give the "correct" impression to observers.

Meanwhile, underneath the "new" clothes, everything's just the same - only hidden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit