Incest - when did it become a bad thing??

by pandora 33 Replies latest jw friends

• pandora
    pandora

I'm serious. In the beginning, if there were only two humans and they had kids, how did the kids have kids if not through incest?
    My question is this. When did that become unexceptable? Is it in the bible somewhere? I'm not asking to be a smart ass, really. I sent one of the earlier strings to my sister, and it had something about Lot impregnating his daughters in it. Her reply was:

Ok there is something that I don't understand. Back then incest wasn't wrong. It was reported that it was done and that it
    wasn't frowned upon. They didn't have all the problems that we have now and that is how the world got started in the first
    place. So why is this such a hot topic? True it isn't something that we do now but we eat meat now and they weren't allowed to
    do that until after the flood - So what is the big deal?

Could you guys, maybe, help me out with this one?
    Thanks

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Yea, i thought bout that once too. But its in Exodus, thou shalt not lay eyes on thy, mother, fathers, brothers, sisters, etc.'s nakedness...

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

You are a REAL DUMB ASS!! So it's OK to fuck your kids, right?
    Get off this site you fucking pervert!!! BTW, it's wrong today in our world. I frankly don't care what happened 1000's of years ago back in Lot's time. It's against the law in the USA. Now get the FUCK OUT OF HERE BITCH!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Whoa! A little grumpy today Spartacus?

Fred, did you pee in Spartacus' cheerios this morning?

Andi

so much anger, dude, she didnt say she thought it was a good thing to commit insest, least i hope not, eww. Just was wondrin when it became bad.

• pandora
    pandora

Thanks for the help there Stifflers. You are absolutely correct. That is why I qualified the question with the circumstances. I know it is bad. Never questioned that. Just want to know when, so I can answer my sister in a way that she will listen to.

• blondie
    blondie

But Exodus was written long after Lot and his daughters were dust. There was no written law against incest until the nation of Israel was legally established with a covenant between them and God.

Abraham was married to his half-sister (Sarah).
    *Reuben (Jacob's oldest) had relations with his father's concubine (which got him in big trouble because of headship not immorality)
    Judah fathered a son with another of his son's betrothed (just like a wife legally).
    Moses father (Amram) was married to his aunt (Jochebed).

*Only account where anyone was ever punished.

Death was the punishment under the law for incest.

Why allowed before? See Reasoning book explanation (pretty weak one):

*** rs 253 Marriage ***
    Why was brother-and-sister marriage not inappropriate at the beginning of mankind’s history? God created Adam and Eve perfect and purposed that all humankind descend from them. (Gen. 1:28; 3:20) Obviously some marrying of close relatives, especially within the first few generations, would occur. Even after sin made its appearance, there was relatively little danger of marked deformities in the children during early generations, because the human race was much closer to the perfection that had been enjoyed by Adam and Eve. This is attested to by the longevity of people then. (See Genesis 5:3-8; 25:7.) But about 2,500 years after Adam became a sinner, God prohibited incestuous marriage. This served to safeguard the offspring and it elevated the sexual morality of Jehovah’s servants above that of people around them who were then engaging in all manner of depraved practices.—See Leviticus 18:2-18.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Maybe you should pour yourself a drink and take a break Spartacus.

I'm sure when people began having children that were physically messed up, they put two and two together that sleeping with your relatives was not a good thing.

Path

oh well, Im afraid im just a protocol droid, and not so knowlegable about such things.

Path, not to mention mentally unstanle (Cain killing his bro)

• chappy
    chappy

The reason is because it concentrates genetic defects in the offspring and produces FRED HALLS.

later,
    chappy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit