Killed by a Shark!

by simplesally 17 Replies latest social current

• wombat
    wombat

Doofdaddy...Really so sickingly sad.

Mate, according to the reports, she was 30 metres out in chest-deep water next to a deep murky channel that is especially full of run-off waste from Moreton Bay after a storm, which we had. Full of food for predators.

This is an absolutely beautiful place to swim.

But you don't swim at dusk. And you don't have a dog in the water with you.

I wouldn't expect a 21 year old lady to know that. It's not taught in schools.

She is described as a beautiful girl, a committed Christian, who was enjoying a holiday there with 8 members of her church.

I really hope that her family's faith will give them some comfort.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

"Mate, according to the reports, she was 30 metres out in chest-deep water next to a deep murky channel that is especially full of run-off waste from Moreton Bay after a storm, which we had. Full of food for predators."
    Don't you have sewage treatment systems to deal with sewage before it reaches your beautiful beaches and sea.

• Clam
    Clam

Trouble with sharks is that they don't follow the scriptural command and "abstain from blood".

This in common with leeches, fleas, vampire bats and lawyers.

Only kiddin'

• wombat
    wombat

Spectrum....Yeah, I shouldn't have said "waste". Just "run-off". Like heaps of small fish being flushed out.

But sewerage run-off is a problem. No problem at all in Queensland. But I do recall tractors with scoops cleaning up Manly beach in Sydney when the winds blew the wrong way. They had their headlights on. It looked pretty in the morning.

Watch out for those chocolate cigars in the surf.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Once upon a time, from 1970-73, I lived in Australia, in Nhulunbuy (500 miles east of Darwin on the Gove Peninsula). We had so many scary and poisonous creatures up there that swimming in the sea was a real adventure: sharks, sting rays, rockfish, sea snakes, poisonous jellyfish -- and that was just in the ocean. On land we had snakes, green tree ants, funnel web spiders, etc.

Nhulunbuy was just being built at that time -- my dad started up the alumina plant that was built in the middle of the aborigine reservation -- and it was a pretty wild place. I was ages 14-17 and I kind of enjoyed it, especially the wildlife (with caution). It was, however, quite unnerving to have what I thought was a lifeguard at Town Beach turn out to be a shark watcher. When he yelled "shark" people just about walked on water to get out on dry land. And I went fishing in the bay one time and caught nothing but baby sharks all morning. After that, I stuck to the local pool and kept out of the ocean -- that way, all I had to deal with were wolves (the human kind).

Nina

• wombat
    wombat

Cruzanheart........Mate, Australia depends on tourism. Your post will affect our GDP. Just talk about shrimps on the barbie.

If the tourists visit the capital cities, swim between the flags, buy stuffed koalas from duty-free shops and drink Starbucks they will have a great time.

Let's keep the rest a secret.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, mum's the word, wombat! We lived for 6 months in Sydney too, when my parents and I first moved to Australia, and I really loved it -- very nice place, like a lot of little towns all connected, each with its chemist, butcher shop, news stand, and vegetable/fruit shop on the High Streets. (There, is that better?)

Nina

• Gerard
    Gerard

Children killed by predator shark cult:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit