Who should we foremost render gratitude in regards to the ransom sacrifice?

by Desino 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby

Gods plan happened after Adam and Eve's fall. Read Genesis 3: 1-15

Oh really? You might wanna brush up on the N.T. regarding gods "plan" before the founding of the world. Your limiting your god to a god who isn't all knowing. He knows ALL things BEFORE they happen according to the source your quoting from. If this is so, he planned on sacraficing his son BEFORE mans fall.

Gumby

• greendawn
    greendawn

"The lamb of God that was slaughtered since before the foundation of the world" whatever that means. It's better if we compare how mankind was before and after the crucifiction to see if anything has been gained. He gave his life and then received it back.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I honestly do not understand what is the big deal.

Who would not sacrifice his life for the world human race? I guess most of us would do it for a couple of persons they love, or for a large group. (like dying for your country etc)
    Then also it was only temporary.

So can somebody explain to me why this is such a big deal, so more noble then other people's sacrifice

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    It's better if we compare how mankind was before and after the crucifiction to see if anything has been gained.

And the conclusion is?

• anewme
    anewme

Thankyou Jesus Christ!

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

I think you should render gratitude to the one that started the whole lying mess, Jehovah. He puts a man and a woman in the Garden of Eden who knew absolutely nothing, neither good or bad. They didn't have to know anything because in their little world there were no social temptations. Besides naming the animals, picking some fruit, and doing some gardening, they didn't have a lot to deal with. The only kicker was that tree in the middle of the garden, you know, the one that had the fruit of knowledge of GOOD and BAD. Jehovah then let a talking snake tell a naked woman she could be like God by eating from the fruit of a tree of knowledge of GOOD and BAD. Since she had never experienced good or bad and had basically been living like any other animal in the garden, she thought what the hell, knowing something might be nice for a change. By heck, they didn't even know they were naked. That B.S. is why good son Jesus had to come and rescue us from the screw up instigated by his evil father which happened 6000 years ago(forget science, DNA, archaeology, and common sense). So let's thank Jehovah for all the millions of animals sacrificed and their blood spilled to appease and unappeasable God because he got pissed off that the first humans found out what was good and bad and he even said in Gen.3 that they have become like us (Gods) knowing good and bad. I've got to kill them, and that's what he's been doing ever since. This is the crap you have to accept to believe the Jesus story and that whole ransom B.S.. If you really think about it, it's like reading fiction, and poor fiction at that. Instead of worrying giving someone gratitude try living a gratifying life and think outside the box.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thank some primitive pagan for the idea that people need to be murdered to appease some angry imaginary bloodthirsty deity.

S

• kid-A
    kid-A

All you x-tians should be thanking Judas, he was the REAL patsy in this whole charade......the poor guy ended up just as dead as Jesus, and single-handedly allowed gods screenplay to be carried to fruition...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    It sounds like Judaism under a christian guise.

and this bothers you because they say they are xians, and yet you know this cannot be so because you are a xian?

i thought Jesus was the God formerly known as Jehovah? if not, then why do xian bibles have the OT jammed into them? but if so, then what's your problem with Jehovah, or their use of his name? or perhaps you prefer latin over hebrew? me too actually.

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit