Who should we foremost render gratitude in regards to the ransom sacrifice?

by Desino 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Desino
    Desino

Consider Jesus words in: Matthew 20:28-29 (New International Version)

"28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Who gave his life for us? Answer: Jesus Christ. It was Gods plan, but Jesus could have refused to do it. It was Jesus who wanted to free us from sin and death. Imagine also all the pain he had in the last days of his earthly life. Jesus personally died for us, It was not Yahweh who did this. This was the greatest display of love a man can show. John 15: 13 " Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Then Christians should foremost thank Jesus Christ for the ransom sacrifice. I have never heard any Jehovahs witness render gratitude directly to Jesus.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

thanks for that Brother Desino.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think the romans,

They killed Jesus and lost their ethernal life doing so. They still did it to fullfill bible prophesy. jesus only lost his life for 3 days, they for ethernal. So who had the bigger sacrefice?

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, but it's a retarded concept to begin with anyway. Ok, it's like saying to your kids, "One of your older brothers messed up, and let this burglar in when I told him not too because the burglar said that he can be a better dad than me, so now I HAVE to let him do what he wants. So I'm gonna let this guy come in adn mess with you, make you sick, kill you, rape you, make you have deformed children, etc. And I HAVE too, Because he said he can do a better job than me.

But don't worry, after a whole lot of this, I'm gonna call your even older brother home from college, who's gonna be nice to you and tell you how cool I am. Then, to show you how REALLY cool I am, I'm gonna get him killed to forgive you for the shit I GOT YOU INTO IN THE FIRST PLACE. And what's this going to accomplish or change for the life of you and your kids for the next sweveral millenia? JACK SHIT! BUPKES! Nothing!! But!!! BUT!!!

You can now PRAY to not just ME!! But your nice, dead older bro in the sky who I got killed horribly, and feel bad about how everyone treated him for a week!!

How will it REALLY change your life? Not at all. But you'll FEEL that it will, if that does'nt work, guilt your kids out by showing them effigeis of your big bro being tortured, and that should work. If it does'nt? Call them names, shun them, or even kill them, they are NOT worth it!!

Yeah, REALLY LOGICAL!!

IT DOES"NT MAKE SHIT for SENSE!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I have never heard any Jehovahs witness render gratitude directly to Jesus.

They refuse to pray directly to Him. My best ex-friend of 30 years almost hit me when I told him that Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God. That was 3 weeks after I escaped the cult he is still trapped in. It is one of the many reasons I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Desino that was spot on, Jesus is neglected and relegated by the JWs who by denying Jesus in this way they lose their representation before God's throne. Everything is focused on Jehovah they will mention him 100 times before they mention Jesus once. It sounds like Judaism under a christian guise.

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All,

Who should we render gratitude to?

I told him that Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God.

John 17:21 21 That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me.(amp)

John 17:20-23 (New Living Translation) 20 "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me because of their testimony. 21 My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father--that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. .

Well, that must mean that were all God too, part of the trinity. interesting. So just let me say your welcome! LOL

Acadian

• gumby
    gumby
    Who gave his life for us? Answer: Jesus Christ. It was Gods plan

When was it gods plan.....before or after mans fall? If it was BEFORE, then your god is an idiot for continuing on with his plan that would fail for at least 6000 years ( since mans biblical beginning) and cause mans suffering. Why didn't god sacrafice one of his perfect angels instead of his son? Were the angels not perfect enough to satisfy a ransom? Why weren't they?

Gumby

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    " Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

The problem here is Jesus requires acceptance and admiration for his "loving" sacrifice before it becomes operable, and if the acceptance is not forthcoming there is shit to pay (this is not love, but rather abusive manipulation). On the other hand, there are people who have given their lives to save others, and they did so anonymously and without any need of acceptance, reward or worship.

There is love greater than the Biblical Jesus-love, staring us in the face everyday. But we are blind to this love as our mental engraved image of Jesus stands in the way.

j

• Desino
    Desino

You are welcome, tetrapod

Gumby

Gods plan happened after Adam and Eve's fall. Read Genesis 3: 1-15

The WTS says in a article from 2003, that it's is Jehovah we should thank, they are not mentioning Jesus.

You can tell others your gratitude towards Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit