What's the very next event the JW's are waiting for?

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    as the King of the North is supposed to turn on them at the time of the end.

I never understood why a King of the north would turn against a religion.....gee

Does it take tanks and missiles to take on the tower?

• Mary
    Mary
    IronClaw said: she was hoping that she would not die before entering the Paradise. She is now 80 yrs old and on her death bed. She lives in my household now cause she can't live by herself anymore. She is down now to 65lbs. I wish the F--king WTS could live here for a week and see her pain.( Not to mention mines as well ) Just how many have they sucked into their cult with the promise of "its just around the corner" paradise? She still holds on to her witness beliefs. I will NEVER forgive them when she goes. I think when that time comes it will the catalist I need to finally say whats on my mind to them.

IronClaw, I feel the exact same way..........my parents are getting old now and I see the pain in my fathers' eyes because he truly, truly believed that the New System would be here long before now. He never ever thought he's be old in this System and dying scares the hell out of him. He just said a couple of months ago "...I was hoping I'd be around to see Armageddon. But I don't think I will be." It absolutely infuriates me that they promised youth, health and Paradise, and yet they reneged on it without a word of apology. Like you, I know that when my parents die, I'm going to be really, really angry and god help anyone who tries telling me how "close" the New System must be.

• Elise
    Elise

Maybe the King of the North is Santa and a bunch of rabid reindeers.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

They are waiting for the cry of 'peace and security', but any major war or event will get them excited.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

They are waiting for the cry of 'peace and security', but any major war or event will get them excited.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

They are as confused about what to expect as any other church with end time expectations.

There will most likely be a 'surgical strike' against Iran by the US this year. All the dubs will imagine that this means the end must be close ('wars and reports of wars...nation fighting against nation', etc). Many inactive ones will probably start 'publishing' again and they will have a slightly higher % increase in the 2006 service year than last year.

Then things will die down again for a while and they will all carry on waiting for the next little thrill to keep their hopes up.

Or they are waiting on the UN to declare the long anticipated cry of 'Peace and Security' - 1 Thess 5.3

• Mary
    Mary
    Maybe the King of the North is Santa and a bunch of rabid reindeers

And maybe he's going to attack The King of the South which we all know is the resurrected Elvis.

Yes, the last semi-official date setting was their indication that the Big A would be here long before the year 2000 as shown from the quotes below:

*** ka chap. 1 p. 14 The "Thousand Years"—Not a False Hope ***

For one thing, the end of six thousand years of human existence on earth and the beginning of mankind’s seventh millennium of existence may come many years sooner than the year 2000 C.E. It is well that this is so. Today, with the world of mankind in such a deplorable condition and being threatened with destruction from so many angles, there are many students and investigators of these threats to human existence who express substantial doubts that mankind will be able to survive till the year 2000 C.E.

w73 11/1 p. 646 The Best Time to Be Alive ***

. And now, particularly, many serious students of government and of world conditions—statesmen, scientists and others—are saying that mankind will not even be able to survive to the year 2000 C.E.

km 1/70 p. 3 Enjoy the Privilege of Vacation Pioneering ***

A pioneer from Texas says: "I realize that I was spending forty hours every week in secular work that would soon go up in smoke at Armageddon and I would have nothing to show for it. So I quit my job and started to vacation pioneer and later I became a regular pioneer." (Hmmm.....wonder what this poor sucker did when The End didn't come in the Fall of '75?)

*** km 3/70 p. 4 Presenting the Good News—Become ‘Intensely Occupied with the Word’ ***

A little over a year ago we were introduced to the six-month home Bible-study program. We immediately grasped that this would be an additional effective method to help get the work done in the short time remaining.(This was written 35 years ago) Now reports from the field show that Bible studies are being discontinued as publishers realize that the student is not making progress. This is entirely proper.

Without date-setting, it's no wonder that the Organization is in serious trouble. After all, this is the cornerstone of the religion and without it, they're screwed.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Without date setting, there is no fear. No fear = No interest. No interest = No increase. No increase = Less JDubs. Hallalujah!!! Didn't Jesus say that he didn't even know the time. Not to set dates?????? Oh thats right I forgot, the JDubs dont do Bible study, just book studies.

• serendipity
    serendipity

(((( iron claw))) , It must be hard seeing your mother in that condition.

• Elise
    Elise

Mary, that was brilliant.

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit