For those of you born in.....

by lonelysheep 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I want to say how brave I think all of you are for stepping out of the jw's, even if it's hidden (those of you still going).

Whenever witnesses would knock on our door, I always felt they were ok and just worshipping god in the way they felt was right. I never knew it came with soooo much stress and shunning if one does not comply.

Posting your experiences is so crucial to get people to think. I know that was the case for me as a lurker.

To think, to question, and to step outside the box of the WT and really live in the real world takes a lot of strength. Many of you have taken a great risk by doing so. I mean this regardless if you still attend for family reasons or not.

You're amazing people.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((lonelysheep))))

Thank you.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am one of the many born in...

thank you

• Purza
    Purza

I don't feel amazing. . . but thank you.

Purza

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thank you!!

I was born in but from my earliest recollection knew it was just all wrong....

• prophecor
    prophecor

I have to say that for those who were born in, it must surely have been some kind of life. You people have been dealt a pretty heavy hand of cards. To be raised in the truth, with all its little intricacies, all of its little secrets. The hushed lives of desperation some of you experienced. The shielding off yourselves from society in general. You could aptly be defined as being constituents of a small government. A Kingdom of sorts.

The ability to have ones life so carefully scrutinised by the powers that be within the walls of OZ. For those that are in, but without knowledge as to the true nature of whats inside the belly of the beast, that is the WTB&TS, it's an amazing thing that they can continue to try and live up to all that goes on, and has gone down in Brooklyn.

For you who have found the courage to look behind the curtain, to witness for yourselves the inner workings of the WTB&TS to see it for what it truly is and has been. To continue to struggle and wrestle with the issues of staying, just to keep the peace for the sake of your families, is a noble gesture, despite your having issue with things you at one time believed. Yes, you who have wrestled since the begining are a special breed. Your reasons are varied as are your life experiences that have brought you all to where you are. The things that keep you, and keep you at a distance.

• deeskis
    deeskis
    To think, to question, and to step outside the box of the WT and really live in the real world takes a lot of strength.

sometimes it would take more strength to live a lie

• Proteus
    Proteus

I wasn't actually born 'in the truth' but I don't remember anything but 'the truth'. And the strength to leave wasn't my own. It came from my parents, (who were doing a fade before I made that step) a very good friend who patiently showed me the lies and what the bible really says about my future and purpose, (Thanks BennyK) and most importantly from God and his son Jesus. Who have been with me from the moment I stopped walking down the path of the organization.

Without them I'd be trying to live a lie, even though I've never accepted the 'perfection' of their little 'paradise'. I'd still be in there if it weren't for them, I'd still be thinking 'this is it. There is no more purpose in life then this.'

Thank you for appreciating what we've gone through.

But thank God too, and pray for those still inside.

-Proteus

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Born in, jumped out......

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I was born in but from my earliest recollection knew it was just all wrong....

ditto!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit