Kingdom Ministry issues

by kristyann 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kristyann
    kristyann

Okay, I am not sure about this, even though it's probably pretty obvious to everyone, but what exactly is the Kingdom Ministry magazine? It's something that is available only to active JWs, right? I know that they don't go around handing it out like they do with the Watchtower and Awake!

I found some really interesting quotes online from old issues of Kingdom Ministry and I was looking for them on ebay but couldn't find them. If I went to a Kingdom Hall and pretended to be interested in joining the JWs or called the Watchtower Headquarters in Brooklyn, they probably wouldn't give me any, right? Does anyone know where I could locate some old ones to purchase them? Or is it pretty much impossible?

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I think you have to be a babtized pulisher in order to receive a Kingdom Ministry. At least thats how it used to be. They may give them to unbabtized publishers now. Either way, you have to be regular in the door to door preaching work before you can get one.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You might try ebay. Maybe reexaminer will manage to get a series of KM's scanned and up on the reexamine.org site? That would be cool.

Dave

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

If you download the Watchtower Library 2004 CD-ROM from:

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php/Reexamine:Community_Portal:Publication_Downloads:Secret_Publications

and burn it to a blank CD-ROM you can read all the KMs from 1970 to 2004.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I am still an 'active' JW, to get the KM you need to be regular in the field or at least like me you need to give in a report monthly of your field work. It is not available to the public and never for sale. To get some info from it its easier to get it from the Watchtower CD, I beleive this is available to the public from the Watchtower Socity. But if you write to them they will send you a copy but someone will call on you hoping to convert you.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

It is also tailored per country. They are differant depending upon where you live. They are the Watchtowers way of keeping everyone "up to date" in an area that is under the oversight of the branch.

As to the contents. For the most part it is pretty boring stuff. It's allways "teaching" us better ways to sneak into peoples lives and "teach" them "truth" about the Bible. I allways find it quite bland and unrealialistic.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Just for information, the WTCDrom is not available to the public. You have to be a member of the congregation to order it.

Even if you were a regular member of a congregation you couldn't get back issues of the KM, they are not something you can order from the Scoiety.

The society sends a specific number to each congregation (depending on the number of baptized publishers). Each congregation bookstudy overseer hands them out to the individuals in the study groups. This puts a pretty tight control over them.

Most of the friends do keep their back issues somewhere. They are referenced from time to time. But, the WTCDrom has them and if you can get that you're all set.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Kristyann, any particular issue's you need. I have plenty of older issue's on hand. PM me, I can scan them for you.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    As to the contents. For the most part it is pretty boring stuff. It's allways "teaching" us better ways to sneak into peoples lives and "teach" them "truth" about the Bible. I allways find it quite bland and unrealialistic.

True!

On the other hand, looking back now, I think the KM's are a great example of the programming that takes place.

Meagan

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

I have collected every issue of the KM over the last few years, just like I got everything else- on Ebay. Just be patient. They show up from time to time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit