I bought a Motorhome!!

by simplesally 22 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yep! I cannot believe it. I bought a 36' 1996 Fleetwood Southwind with a slide out!! i AM SO EXCITED!!!! I have been wanting one for a long time and kept thinking there would be a better time. But with cancer, now may be the only time I ever have.

It was so spur of the moment. We had a lady who came in who wanted to sell her motorhome and because of an odometer discrepancy our owner said he would not buy it which meant that we were turning her away. As a favor, the GM was calling a friend of his to come look at it. Before he got there, though, I unknowingly said to the GM that I sure wish I could find a deal like he had. He acted like I was crazy, didn't I realize what had been going on all day? Didn't I know I could buy a 96 with a slide out? The motorhome is in such good shape. It needs tires and a new windshield but I can get all that done thru work before I even take it home.

So, tomorrow, if interest rates aren't too high on used motorhomes, I am going to buy it!!

I am already planning so many little trips!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

WOW!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Go for it!!!!

It sounds awesome

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing better than going on holidays with a motorhome, you avoid hotel costs, you can stop anywhere any time and sleep or cook something, much better than being locked up in a hotel room.

I don't know how strict the laws in the USA are with motorhome longer term parking, but in Europe it depends, in some countries they don't bother you much in others they do so that you wil have to always use the local camping sites. But everywhere you can stop and spend a night, city ot village, unless specifically forbidden.

Just make sure the vehicle doesn't have major body or mechanical problems other than the ones you mention.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Imagine how nice it is to be a friend.. so close..

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

tee hee!!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Ok..........SimpleSally and Sassy...........get on that motor home and visit me!!!

We can "swing on the chandeliers" in person ...............lol

• Sassy
    Sassy

now that sounds like a plan!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Whatever we do, we have to make sure that we only drive straight. It has a back up camera but I think straight is better.

I think a trip to the beach for an overnight would be a blast!!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'll go any where it drives us! I mean where you drive us!

• blondie
    blondie

Go for it! When we retire, we want to live on the road. We would do it now if we could.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit