Are we all reading the same bible?

by apologetics 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acadian
    acadian

I use a variety of differant text when doing research, the Nazarene scriptures being prominant, don't use Romanized/Pauline ones too much.

Acadian

• skyman
    skyman
    also the fact the bible tells us every word of God is flawless

Boy you live in buble don't you. The truth is you should be finding out if the bible really is Flawless. Just for one thing look at Gen chapter 1 and then Gen chapter 2. There are two complete different creation accounts. Notice man amde before the animals/man made after animals. Man made on the 6th day/man made an the 7th day. Man was to be fuitful and fill the earth/man was alone. There are thousands of problem just like this if you really wont to open your mind and see the TRUTH about the BIBLE.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Although this is hardly what apologetics has in mind, it is worth noting that there was never one Bible.

Before the Jewish and Christian canons were completed there were already different texts circulating, such as the Greek Septuagint which is the main NT basis. (I stop here because you said you wouldn't want to hear about the Dead Sea Scrolls...)

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Apologetics,

If all the people who say they are of a Christian faith actually knew the scriptures that teach about that faith, the witnesses would not be able to make the inroads into peoples lives like they do. They study what they believe. Most so called Christians don't. So they are sitting ducks.

Boy you live in buble don't you. The truth is you should be finding out if the bible really is Flawless. Just for one thing look at Gen chapter 1 and then Gen chapter 2. There are two complete different creation accounts. Notice man amde before the animals/man made after animals. Man made on the 6th day/man made an the 7th day. Man was to be fuitful and fill the earth/man was alone. There are thousands of problem just like this if you really wont to open your mind and see the TRUTH about the BIBLE
    Dear Skyman, I know you think you have found a flaw...if you went looking for an explanation of this you would understand what this is all about. I still find stuff in the Bible after 25 years of reading it( without the "help" of the WT), that makes me go 'huh?" But I continue to research to see if there is an explanation. This one is a really easy one.There is so much out there to explain and prove the Bible. Some of it would blow your mind., especially with the science of it."There are thousands of answers just like this if you really want to open your mind and see theTRUTH about the BIBLE."
  • Forscher
    Forscher
    something to note though , where would JW be etc without watchtower society & awake? would their doctrine still be the same? would there intrepretation of the bible still be the same?? I think not....

I think Randall Waters would agree with you there.
    Forscher

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

No two people, much less groups of people, reading the compilation of writings called the Bible would reach agreement about what it says without some hierchal authority structure interpreting it for them and having punitive consequences for dissenters.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish
    No two people, much less groups of people, reading the compilation of writings called the Bible would reach agreement about what it says without some hierchal authority structure interpreting it for them and having punitive consequences for dissenters

That certainly seems to be the tendency. But I have personally experienced a consensus, even allowing for minor differences of understanding. Like Skully & Muldar said, "They are out there!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit