I hate AOL...

by TresHappy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I have tried it twice and preferred my own way of keeping track of things. Too much flash and ads

Blondie

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I had AOL at one time......Hated it!! It really does have tenticles that weave it's way into every part of your computer. I got netzero for $9.95 a month.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Do I hate AOL?

Don't get me started!!

I've been offline since the start of October - when I switched to ADSL - For the first month they hadn't even activated it!

When I still couldn't get online, they constantly ignored one very important piece of information which I kept giving them and didn't bother passing it onto the engineers. When they finally sent an engineer to my house yesterday, he said 'why didn't anyone tell us about it?' It took him just 5 minutes to fix the problem.

I will probably be switching once my minimum contract is up!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

try Tele West.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have not had any really serious probems with AOL. -yet

Years ago I had a lot of freeze-ups b/c of software conflicts

and AOL did not play nice with some other programs (norton virus)

but I've never been chargd for something I did not buy

I now use AOL piggybacked on to comcast cable for 7.95 month using my debit card

I have not tried to remove it from my machine so don't know what would happen,(i hear it is bad)

Have had aol for nealry 10 yrs. there is a program on the net for disabling that aol timer. I got it and all but one screename is free of the timer. I just typed in alo timer and it brought up a lot things

years ago there used to be such funny sites on the net about aol

like, aolsucks.com

f**k aol.com

that was a long time ago and don't know if they still exist.

aol used to do what the WTS is doing, go around and try to shut down all those sites.

weds

• moshe
    moshe

Every upgrade that AOL gives us has new tools to push advertising on it's members. I remember when Netzero came out- it was free and supported by advertising. We paid $19.95 for AOL because it didn't have advertising. Look how AOL has pulled a trick on it's subscribers. I called once to see how I could turn off the distracting video ads that arrived with my latests and best upgrade a couple years ago.- you can't I was told. I have AOL because I get it for $8.00 month - it used to be $3.00 /mo through work . Then the company stopped subsidising it. AOL bumped us up to $8.00 month- Now you see the real actual cost - all the rest is pure profit ,thanks to advertising revenue.

Shalom,

Moshe

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    try Tele West.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit