If you love the bible help me with this please

by skyman 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skyman
    skyman
    It should certainly make a JW think about how accurate the WTS is in ;stating his ministry as ages 30 - 33.If they are inaccurate about that, what else are they inaccurate about

Luke says that it took place when Cyrenius was governor. Here is another mistake. Cyrenius was not appointed governor until after the death of Herod, and the taxing could not have taken place until ten years after the alleged birth of Christ. According to Luke, Joseph and Mary lived in Nazareth, and for the purpose of getting them to Bethlehem, so that the child could be born in the right place, the taxing under Cyrenius was used, but the writer, being "inspired" made a mistake of about ten years as to the time of the taxing and of the birth. Matthew says nothing about the date of the birth, except that he was born when Herod was king. Once again littletoe

Man I hope leolaia reads this

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In the meantime, you can read Leolaia's excellent thread on the literary background of the Nativity stories:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/82425/1.ashx

• skyman
    skyman

It is clear to me that some scribe century's later wrote Matthew that is the very least of what has to be true, if not all the Gospels were writen by scribes much after the life of the real Jesus to make the belble fit their version of events to unite Roman

• skyman
    skyman

Narkissos the link you gave is long I am a speed reader and it took for along time to read all that rambling and I can't figure out her reason to write it in the first place.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Skyman,

To put it briefly: as the above discussion shows, taking the Gospels as historical, i.e. as the narration of real events, very quickly leads to a dead end. This is just not what they are.

But then the question remains of why and how they were nonetheless written, if not to say "what really happened". Here we enter the complex and subtle world of literary inspiration, influences, objectives, construction. This is what Leolaia's thread is about.

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

That was interesting, UDF...

• skyman
    skyman

UnDisfellowshipped there are big problems with the conclusion with the link you gave. Anyway you do the math you have problems He places the first census under Quirinius in 15 B.C., 21 years before the second census of A.D. 6 (Chronos, Kairos, Christos, p. 305). This put Jesus born in 12BCE this is a big problem WHY? becasue Jossephus put Jesus alive at a much later date. The only way the two could be correct is that the bible is wrong when it says about 30 or Josephus really did not write about Jesus in the first place becasue Jesus would of been much older at his baptism, about 40 years old. There are alot of Linguist that say the Josephus writing about Jesus was added later and not his account at all.

No matter how you slice it Luke has big problems when it come to conparing it to other writings. So the bibles account taken with other writings do not match up. Unless you throw one or the other out as being un-true and no bible supporter wuold ever want to throw out Josephus becasue they cling to it with all their might.

• the sage
    the sage

hi skyman!

answer found in the research work "world order in the new millennium" (google search engine). the book sites "antiquities of the jews" in the works of josephus. also w.e. filmer in "journal of theological studies" correctly confirms the date of herods death in january of 1 b.c.e. which allows the harmony of the date of jesus birth as 2 b.c.e.

the sage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit