Does anyone else here fly?

by james_woods 15 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Don't know if this has been done before, but I just got the notion that it would be fun to see if anyone else here is a pilot or private airplane owner?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I do....and I'm in Texas too. Been about 6 months since I've been in the air though.....my money dried up again.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm glad you cleared up the possible quandary about the topic of this thread, J_Woods. I thought I was gonna hafta ask you whether you meant with or without wings, a plane, chute, glider or bunji cord attached.

• juni
    juni

Mornin' J Woods,

Yes. My husband has had his private pilot license since in the ' 70s. Has flown Cessnas and owns an ultralight - Challenger. Right now it's in our garage as he had gone to a winter party - lake landing - last year and the nose wheel hit a raised ice shelf. We live in Wisconsin. So he is almost done w/the repairs. Will be ready to go this summer. Juni ~~~~~~~~

• JH
    JH

When I read your title, I thought you were saying that you could actually fly

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, but I've been fascinated with aviation since I was a little girl. Pilot lessons are one of my goals in life.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yes ............private, single engine, land.............. since 1982

~Hill

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have flown a plane. And it was my first time in a plane.

I was dating a fellow and when he found out I had never flown he offered to take me up. Cool. It was so cool. I just sat there and loved every minute of it.

Until he told me to take the controls. OMG I didn't want to. I just wanted to look all over and enjoy the scenery and the feeling.

But he talked me into it and I was so scared. But I did fly the plane.

And once we landed he had me taxi down the runway over to the hangar.

THAT was an awesome experience

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh, i fly alright.... some nights i really fly...

• juni
    juni

Heh tetra -

And how high do you fly? LOL Juni

Yeah. My hubby had me take the controls in the Cessna. We were up and down, up and down. Kids were screaming and I thought I was gonna puke. He just laughed. What a sadist. I get air sick after an hour of flying so I have to take Dramamine. We used to take a lot of trips, but now he owns the Challenger so there is a weight issue. So I don't go w/him. Just as well. Juni~~~~~~~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit